sudden battery drainage in kp50. i slept with 32 percent charge and when i woke up after 8hrs it was 5 percent. and then i rebooted and it showed 35 percent. then i charged it for an hour and then it went upto 50 percent. again i used it for a while(only browsing) it was 40 percent. i again rebooted and it was down to 6 percent. what is the matter?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mohammed Muid For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
sudden battery drainage in kp50. i slept with 32 percent charge and when i woke up after 8hrs it was 5 percent. and then i rebooted and it showed 35 percent. then i charged it for an hour and then it went upto 50 percent. again i used it for a while(only browsing) it was 40 percent. i again rebooted and it was down to 6 percent. what is the matter?
Don't you get it? NO ONE KNOWS how you have broken your own particular n900. The tools to diagnose it are top + powertop otherwise, just reflash rootfs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
Isn't it problem with bme?
Because he says power level "jumps" up and down.

i did reflash rootfs just 2days ago. infact i did a full flash. rootfs and emmc. in top i get only xorg and usr/bin/hildon-desktop consuming a total of 15 percent. thats not much. is it? and powertop give me very high wakeups. more than 1000 when my phone is on standby

i did reflash rootfs just 2days ago. infact i did a full flash. rootfs and emmc. in top i get only xorg and usr/bin/hildon-desktop consuming a total of 15 percent. thats not much. is it? and powertop give me very high wakeups. more than 1000 when my phone is on standby
Then obviously you have installed some crap that is buggering everything up. That concludes it. It is not a kp50 issue. Please create a separate thread in which to discuss it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Using kp50 for a week now. DSP profile with max @ 900Mhz.
My typical daily usage involves several hours of remote desktopping over 3G

100% stable so far. Battery life seems slightly better. Great job KP guys!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Alexandria, VA, USA
Originally Posted by talmage View Post
I have an application that needs iptables support. kernel-power v42, which I have in my N900, supports iptables but not the NFQUEUE target. Does kernel-power v50 support NFQUEUE?
I installed kernel-power v50 and tried it myself. It doesn't.

Code:
/opt/usr/sbin/iptables -t mangle -D OUTPUT -j NFQUEUE --queue-num 1779 -d 224.0.0.0/4
complains "No chain/target/match by that name."

What must I do to enable NFQUEUE in kernel-power?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by talmage View Post
I installed kernel-power v50 and tried it myself. It doesn't.

Code:
/opt/usr/sbin/iptables -t mangle -D OUTPUT -j NFQUEUE --queue-num 1779 -d 224.0.0.0/4
complains "No chain/target/match by that name."

What must I do to enable NFQUEUE in kernel-power?
Recompile it with that module enabled?

enable it with:
CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_NFQUEUE=m

i installed the bleeding edge drivers for kp50. working. but i cannot find any wifi network when i load the bleeding edge wifi driver. is this normal? just after i load the stock drivers with the applet i can view the available wifi network again.

Tags
battery test, i <3 fmg, i <3 pali, igottaboner, kernel, kernel-power, viva fmg, viva pali