Notices

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Since two days, Netflix can stream on the Apple's iPad; an ipod/iphone version is expected. Is there a chance for a Neflix streaming application for Meamo? Can this be developed by the community, or do we need to ask nicely Netflix to write it?

PS. I do realize this is a US specific problem mostly...

Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
Since two days, Netflix can stream on the Apple's iPad; an ipod/iphone version is expected. Is there a chance for a Neflix streaming application for Meamo? Can this be developed by the community, or do we need to ask nicely Netflix to write it?

PS. I do realize this is a US specific problem mostly...
Netflix has to do it.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Tough luck. They still don't have an application for Linux. I believed that Silverlight was the reason, but apparently that is not so, otherwise they wouldn't have it on the apple's devices. I guess then it remains to see if Silverlight will make its way to N900...

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
http://www.petitiononline.com/Linflix/

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to rm42 For This Useful Post:
I would buy into netflix for that luxury

well netflix on my computer only requires silverlight and I had asked this question and there is some package similar to silverlight which will make netflix play the movies and shows. But I cannot find a link to that package you might have better luck searching for silverlight for N900, since N900 uses regular desktop kind web browser if we get a silverlight we would not need an app for it we can directly stream.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Does anyone know what format the movie files are?
Are they DRM-ed?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
well netflix on my computer only requires silverlight and I had asked this question and there is some package similar to silverlight which will make netflix play the movies and shows. But I cannot find a link to that package you might have better luck searching for silverlight for N900, since N900 uses regular desktop kind web browser if we get a silverlight we would not need an app for it we can directly stream.
Your talking about moonlight (Linux version of siverlight) but it doesn't work that well. And I don't think it supports DRM.

Who knows, maybe Netflix is using HTML5 for the iPad *shrugs*

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Your talking about moonlight (Linux version of siverlight) but it doesn't work that well. And I don't think it supports DRM.

Who knows, maybe Netflix is using HTML5 for the iPad *shrugs*
yep heard that it was using the HTML5 because microsoft clearly stated that they will not bring silverlight to iphone and ipad platform.

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
I wonder if the iPad app is in fact using HTML5 if there's any chance the content can be accessed sans iPad. I'm gonna act like the chance > zero...