Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
I started this thread because "unofficial" cases already had their own (and very long) thread.
I frankly don't think very much of the "official" case: The Archos PMA430 came with a similar "case" (not magnetic though, but a clip-on, and sideways rather than top-bottom) and I find it more of a hindrance than a protection. But who knows, the Nokia version might be totally different...

What I don't get are the extra magnets, supposedly to attach the N800 to a fridge. Now, I don't know how people use fridges in Finland (probably not that much, seeing as how they have a landscape-sized fridge outdoors), but over here no magnet is capable of staying on the fridge for more than a couple of days. I'd really really really not trust my N800 hanging there...

But point taken: I shan't mention alternative cases, like this one: http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=105191, any more.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
You've got to be kidding me, $43.95 US ??

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
I frankly don't think very much of the "official" case: The Archos PMA430 came with a similar "case" (not magnetic though, but a clip-on, and sideways rather than top-bottom) and I find it more of a hindrance than a protection. But who knows, the Nokia version might be totally different...

What I don't get are the extra magnets, supposedly to attach the N800 to a fridge. Now, I don't know how people use fridges in Finland (probably not that much, seeing as how they have a landscape-sized fridge outdoors), but over here no magnet is capable of staying on the fridge for more than a couple of days. I'd really really really not trust my N800 hanging there...

But point taken: I shan't mention alternative cases, like this one: http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=105191, any more.

I stick my phone book to the fridge with a hard drive magnet.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by TTgowings View Post
You've got to be kidding me, $43.95 US ??
Yeah, it is pretty steep (£ 24.95 is $50!!) for what is quite a minimal case, but unfortunately it's precisely this minimalism that appeals to me!

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
Mil or anyone as I referred to in an earlier post when we first got the new updated firmware the Tableteer Applet Icon (that shows up on your IT desktop if you use it) I swear showed to me what appeared to be a HARD COVER for the N800 did it not ? The link never did work as it always gave a 404, (and now is mysteriously gone as well) but I swear it looked to be a hard cover, I mean the icon was small so you couldn't get a great look at it and as I said before as the link was broken unfortunately.., now that I might, maybe pay $43.95 for, maybe..

Last edited by TTgowings; 2007-07-23 at 04:06.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
After waiting for "Availability" to change to today (it was "Available in 1 day", yesterday) the availablity has now jumped to 31 August...

I have visions of this turning in to the same farce as last time where it will end up "Discontinued" due to Nokia not providing any stock.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
The cover is turning out to be the most anticipated vaporware since Thor-CD.

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Now, I don't know how people use fridges in Finland
I'm wondering this myself. I don't keep my keys, wallet, or cell phone on the fridge. Why the heck would I want to keep my n800 on the fridge?

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Anywhere but here
I'm getting my official n800 case at a huge discount, you can get one for FREE with a preorder of Duke Nukem Forever! They'll even ship them together for you!

yeah. I wanted this 6 months ago..

but
Our Price: $43.95
Availability: Due Sunday 2nd September
at
http://www.mobileplanet.com/d.aspx?i=144920

is going to make me wait until I decide.

$44 for a case is a lot. Especially as I have lasted 6 months with out it LOL