Active Topics

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by dont View Post
I take it that the version of Flash 9 that we have been playing with on N770s is actually copied from the latest release to the N800, is that true?
Yes, the clue is in the filename "microb_flash-4.2007.tar.gz"

Originally Posted by dont View Post
If so, why would it be unstable on the N770 but not on the N800?
Just a wild stab in the dark, but it might have something to do with the fact you're using a binary designed and tested with the latest OS 2007 on the much older OS 2006. The version of Opera 8.5.x on OS 2006 probably wasn't designed to work with Flash 9 either...

Last edited by Milhouse; 2007-09-07 at 00:33.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Just a wild stab in the dark, but it might have something to do with the fact you're using a binary designed and tested with the latest OS 2007 on the much older OS 2006. The version of Opera 8.5.x on OS 2006 probably wasn't designed to work with Flash 9 either...
The flash plugin should be a standard NPAPI plugin, so unless the implemntation of the API extremely buggy, Opera 8.5 should work well with any version. That said, I suspect the instability originated from insufficient memory. I will try to increase the swap size to over 192MB and see whether it helps stability.

I installed microb... and now opera wont work. It opens and 2 seconds later it closes on its own... any suggestions?

btw, same thing happens with minimo as well except it says loading on the top right then nothing happens.

Can somebody with Micro-B for 770 give a test report re...

http://www.seeqpod.com/

Thx!

Actually I encountered a similar problem after deinstallation of MicroB.

After deinstallation, the menu entries ('Hidden' and Tabs) remain there,
and still seem to have influence on the behaviour of the browser:-/

Closing a browser window also closes all other browser windows now:-(
The color of the sliders has changed from blue to orange for no reason:-/

I have the feeling that MicroB somehow made my 770 unit unstable,
leaving it unstable and with garbage even after deinstallation.

So do I have to reflash the 770 due to the buggy MicroB,
or will a fixed MicroB make the unit stable again?

Another poster posted a link to a bugfix doc page for MicroB,
but obviously these changes didn't make it into the distribution yet...

I haven't given up hope so far, I would still like a version which actually works.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
I would really appreciate some help in getting Flash 9 running at all on my N770 running OS 2006. Some folks have got it to at least limp along, but when I try it it just blows up Opera and MicroB.

I have MicroB installed and that is working reasonably well.

I have Milhouse's Flash9 stuff and I have put
libplayback-1.so.0.0.4 in /usr/lib
and
libflashplayer.so in /usr/lib/browser/plugins replacing the existing Flash 6 libflashplayer.so.

I have created two symlinks from earlier instructions in this forum:

cd /user/lib
ln -s libplayback-1.so.0.0.4 libplayback-1.so.0

and:

ln -s /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so /home/user/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

With this configuration both Opera and MicroB crash a few seconds after being launched.

If I replace /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so with the original Flash 6 version that came with my N770 then both Opera and MicroB work again.

Thanks in advance,

Don.

Anybody can make a how-to with the all information necessarie and funcional on n770 flash 9 OS2006 last version ?

Actually I'd appreciate to have a really working and stable version of either Minimo or at least Micro-B - Thanks;-)

it's wiser to be patient and wait...i'm gonna wait.
don't wanna screw up my nokia 770

The best solution form me is flash 6 in /usr/lib/browser/plugins/ and flash 9 in /home/user/.mozilla/plugins/ .When i have to browse a site that requires flash 9 i switch.Opera don't work very well whit flash 9.

The problems are that the browser is instable and i can't use "add bookmarks" from the sidebar, when i swhitc form one browser to another it crash (sometimes).

Uninstalling microb i have the same problem.

Now i've flashed but if import the backup of settings i have the same problem of favourites etc.

I prefer use minimo i wait for a more stable version.
Bye.
Marco.