Active Topics

While planning meetings for a upcoming business trip, I realize a useful feature is omitted from the existing Calendar application.

In current Calendar, setting up an event is based on the clock setting of N900. If one is planning a meeting at 2:00 pm on a certain date but the meeting place is overseas, having a 8 hours time difference from one's local time. The Calendar would not be able to remind the user at proper time because it does not know the time difference.

I wish someone can write a plug-in to add World Time selection in the current event setting.

I believe such a feature would be welcomed by frequent business travellers.

Anyone can help, thanks in advance.

TC

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Timothy CHAN For This Useful Post:
I also support this request..

Good shout, I'd like this.

Yep, one of the many annoyances of the Calendar app, I guess we should really club together and write an Open Source replacement, or polish up one of the existing calendar apps.

Spoke with a friend who uses iPhone and MAC yesterday. He could set different time zone for meeting/appointment in his iPhone / MAC system.

Hope this feature will come to our Maemo / Meego system soon.

TC

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ | MAD | MEX | MOW |
i do it through Outlook and then sync it appropriately to the n900, but i'd also go for a plug-in to be able to do it directly ...

Originally Posted by juanenrique View Post
i do it through Outlook and then sync it appropriately to the n900, but i'd also go for a plug-in to be able to do it directly ...
Which version of Outlook you are using? I don't see a time zone selection in event setting with my Outlook 2003.

TC

I just returned from trip. I then noticed that my request for time zone setting might not be necessary. If the N900 is set to update time and date automatically in the clock setting, the phone would be adjusted to local time and date upon connecting to a local network.

TC