yesterday my alalrm doesn't work

Today, I also had some problems with the alarm (don't know if it's related to the earlier posts, though).
Please note that the phone was always turned on, I never tried using the alarm, when the phone was turned off.

Some background info:
Bought a used 64GB N9 with PR1.3, did a hard reset, used it for 1-2 months, alarm worked perfectly. IIRC, in the beginning I used the default sound, but afterwards a custom mp3.

Last week, I bought a brand new 16GB N9 with I think PR1.2. When I turned it on for the first time, I updated to PR1.3 and installed some apps (no reset after update). The alarm with custom mp3 worked a few times, but today it sounded up for 1 sec and then it automatically went to snooze. I heard the 1 sec ringing this time, so I woke up and checked what's going on. The device was put on the table facing down (can this be the issue?). I turned it around to face up and after 10 mins (snooze time), the alarm worked correctly.

It would be really bad if I couldn't trust the alarm of the phone.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Lyon, Rhône-Alpes, France
Originally Posted by danested View Post
My fons ok on
PR 1.3 (40.2012.21-3_PR_06)

Can ypu list your version from Settings>About Product?
Maybe this is limited to a particular region...
sorry for the delay
PR 1.3 (40.2012.21-3.232.05.2_PR_232)
Regards,

Olivier

Did anyone find a solution to this? I am using the Device lock Security code (= boot and autolock password) because I can't turn that off. If I could turn that off, I suspect that might solve the erratically working alarm clock as well. I don't dare removing my Mail for Exchange account and possibly that forces me to use the password (I am not sure)?

Very often when the phone is off, at alarm time the phone will just boot to the password screen and get stuck there. Or sometimes it works normally and sometimes it lets out a short alarm sound and then stops.

If there is anything I can try to get the alarm clock working and booting reliably, that'd be just great.