Thought I would add the contrarian link:

http://tinyurl.com/ye2rles

Engadget appears to have done some REAL research made some contact (Ray Haddow, Senior Manager within Nokia Communications ) and found some info that is not a direct "NOT gonna happen" from real people with names and everything...sigh maybe this will quiet down some of the MeeGo is not coming to the n900 stuff or not...

Sure it is not a definitive answer but it is not the vague garbage that was published yesterday.

Enjoy!

Last edited by lstrike21; 2010-03-16 at 14:58.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lstrike21 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
I know this is the wrong thread....but i really dont understand why people like windows mobile and the htc hd2. Other than the large screen size i really dont understand what windows mobile has to offer?
So whatmare the adfantages of win mobile over maemo?
maybe is the app cloud. You have a lot to try and download,

maybe is the official support. A LOT of devices are using them, so official updates are something common.

maybe is because they dont like something so complex as maemo. the best that maemo have is that is a linux, so you can do a lot of thnigs, and beak it in a lot of ways. on a mobile phone, you are limited to a subset of both.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=47505
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
As Valtteri says:

"Also, we do not yet know about MeeGo 1 release content. I am not yet sure if I would be personally ready to let my Maemo5 go for the first MeeGo release in my daily N900 use. Let's see."

Ughhhh...SORRY...feel free to Merge...Just looked at the active topic and neglected the Harmattan section...

Although with all the negative replica posts a replica not terrible news isn't a complete bad thing! LOL

Last edited by lstrike21; 2010-03-16 at 15:01.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=47513

along with the thread posted by ysss

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "MeeGo on the N900 - NOKIA: The door is NOT closed" with five posts has been merged into this thread.

The thread "Now that We have an official Word" with eleven posts has been merged into this thread.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2010-03-16 at 15:10. Reason: merging posts

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by lstrike21 View Post
Thought I would add the contrarian link:

http://tinyurl.com/ye2rles

Engadget appears to have done some REAL research made some contact (Ray Haddow, Senior Manager within Nokia Communications ) and found some info that is not a direct "NOT gonna happen" from real people with names and everything...sigh maybe this will quiet down some of the MeeGo is not coming to the n900 stuff or not...

Sure it is not a definitive answer but it is not the vague garbage that was published yesterday.

Enjoy!
Finally somebody was able to get an official answer from a Nokia PR. Just don't understand why Nokia didn't come out and say this right when Meego was announced, it would have avoided A LOT of FUD!!!!

I am glad to see they are considering an official Meego upgrade for N900. Now, could users do something to reinforce Nokia perception that Meego on N900 is really worthy to keep the loyalty of its early adopters? I am not talking about any rebellions or "never buy a Nokia device again" crap... just address the proper customer care channel.

I know there are Nokia employees like @qgil and the Maemo council who could pass the feedback from this forum to Nokia, but I am not sure if this is the best way. Also, their priorities may be different from N900 owners, since their role is to make Meego a competitive Linux-based platform on various devices. Don't take this comment as if they don't care about Meego on N900, just that it may not be their responsibility.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Don't you people have better things to do

The Following User Says Thank You to vode For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
The attention my blog gets whenever there's anything controversial suggests that about 5,000 people are interested in N900s. Or maybe just the controversy.