Notices

That's a bit of a dick move, Alex.
All this does is to ensure that lxp loses any further incentive to debug/test/enhance these drivers. Well done!

A merry Christmas and a Happy 2011 to all....

Last edited by thegman; 2011-01-01 at 17:56.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thegman For This Useful Post:
and it's breach of copyright as i never seen any statement that patches are GPLed

Modifications to GPL code need to be GPL'd in turn. So I don't believe it's illegal. Just immoral
Edit: OK I guess it's not immoral as matan points out. More like inevitable, I guess

Last edited by thegman; 2011-01-01 at 20:00.

Bit of a dick move, Alex

Originally Posted by thegman View Post
Modifications to GPL code need to be GPL'd in turn. So I don't believe it's illegal. Just immoral
Your morals seem to be extremely bent. Are you a lawyer?

The uncompressed kernel source is about 400MB of it lxp's work is at most about 80KB. The idea that this morally entitles him to control distribution in direct opposite of the will of the writers of 99.98% of the common work is too ridiculous to even consider.

He has every right in the world to ask for money. He has every right in the world to decide to whom to distribute this work. He has absolutely no moral or legal right to tell the people who already got a copy not to further distribute it.

BTW, the files seem to be here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/44030122...emo-0.1.tar.gz

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

Last edited by Matan; 2011-01-01 at 20:57.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thegman View Post
just thing is that patches are not touching gpl code and therefore are not gpled yet - only when you apply them onto kernel or something then thing is gpled - alex uploaded code that's not gpled ( and gpled parts as well ) so he broke the law

Well. in his defence, lxp, did release the source & patches (as he is legally required to do). He's also never tried to tell people not to distribute it (unless I missed something)

I guess 'immoral' is a bit of a strong word.
I just thought that it would be a show of good faith not to post direct links to the binaries (although I would like the changes rolled into the next release of titan's kernel)

RE: jacekowski

SON I DONT KNOW IF YOU ARE REFERING TO ME,
BUT HAVEN'T BRAECKED ANY LAW, I HAVE PURTCHED THAT FILE FOR 15 EUR .
WEN I PURTCH SOME THING THAT THING BECOMES MINE, AND I HAVE ALL THE RIGHT TO DO WAT I WANT WITH THAT, I DONT SEE
ANY TERMES AND CONDITIONS ON THE FILE.
FOR LAW ON THIS CONDITIONS I HAVE ALL THE RIGTH TO DISTRIBUTE OR GIVE IT.

Last edited by alexystems; 2011-01-01 at 19:13.

This isn't an issue with the driver, but I've just it wanted to test monitor mode/injection. So I installed aircrack and ran airmon-ng start wlan0, which complained about needing iw installed.
Yet 'apt-get install iw' removes aircrack and vice versa, wtf?

Originally Posted by jacekowski View Post
just thing is that patches are not touching gpl code and therefore are not gpled yet - only when you apply them onto kernel or something then thing is gpled - alex uploaded code that's not gpled ( and gpled parts as well ) so he broke the law
Did you actually look at the patch files?

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

Tags
driver, injection, wl1251