Posts: 65 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Argentina
Hi, I downloaded emelfm2 from here: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=18462 it is a nice .deb, so just click and install. Good luck.

Just for future note to people.. to delete a file with a space in command line you need to use an escape character (\).. so

Code:
rm -f my\ file.mp3
Also.. if you press tab after typing part of a file name; if it's the only file in the directory that starts that way it will auto-complete the filename for you.. with the escape's where they are needed. So typing "my" and press tab.. will produce the above result.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ California
My way of deleting files like these from a file system is:

rm -i `find ._*`

remove the -i if you don't want to confirm the deletion of each file, just remember there is no 'un'rm

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by AstroGuy View Post
My way of deleting files like these from a file system is:

rm -i `find ._*`

remove the -i if you don't want to confirm the deletion of each file, just remember there is no 'un'rm
The problem with this and some of the other methods is they are not "space" friendly. So if you have "._My Document" and "Document" it will match on the first and then rm -i ._My Document where ._My is non-existent and Document will happily delete your other file.

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Wales UK
Try this

Code:
~/trial $ ls -a
.         ..        ._my doc  ._mydoc   mydoc
Code:
~/trial $ for f in ._*
> do
> rm "$f"
> done
Code:
~/trial $ ls -a
.      ..     mydoc
rick

The Following User Says Thank You to rcull For This Useful Post:
Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
or on one line
Code:
for file in ._*; do rm "$file";done

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Wales UK
or
ls ._* | while read file;do rm "$file";done

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Just for future note to people.. to delete a file with a space in command line you need to use an escape character (\).. so

Code:
rm -f my\ file.mp3
Also.. if you press tab after typing part of a file name; if it's the only file in the directory that starts that way it will auto-complete the filename for you.. with the escape's where they are needed. So typing "my" and press tab.. will produce the above result.
You can also quote the file name: "my file.mp3".

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Who is up for editing the busybox's debconfig and adding some options in? I took a look last time using make menuconfig after apt-get source busybox from nokia's sdk repo and it has a lot of find related options disabled.
That would be a good idea yep!
Not only for find, for a lot of other things probably..