I have been researching, because in my company we want to enter the business of developing mobile APPs.

Android On the side there is documentation and guidance on how to manage the development of Apps, publication of the AndroidMarket, and profits of the developer.

Same for Apple ....

But for Maemo?, I get tired of looking and searching on Google and within the maemo.org site, but can not find information on the Market, nor on the developer's profit or managed?

I hope you can help ...

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I hope you meant MeeGo, not Maemo. Maemo's dead, sie_group.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I hope you meant MeeGo, not Maemo. Maemo's dead, sie_group.
oy! Stop that. Maemo is not dead yet.
If you tell OP that it is dead, OP won't develop for it and that will ensure it's death.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
oy! Stop that. Maemo is not dead yet.
If you tell OP that it is dead, OP won't develop for it and that will ensure it's death.
Because Nokia didn't already announce that Maemo is to be replaced by MeeGo? I'm not sure how Maemo will live or die by a developer that hasn't even made something for it yet when Maemo is already being replaced so soon from now.

If they really wanted to aim for Maemo and still remain viable for the next platform, my guess is that they might want to hedge their bets by developing toward MeeGo primarily with Maemo as an alternative target to develop for.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

If they really wanted to aim for Maemo and still remain viable for the next platform, my guess is that they might want to hedge their bets by developing toward MeeGo primarily with Maemo as an alternative target to develop for.
Except that GTK is supported in MeeGo for backwards compatibility, and that Qt can target Maemo, MeeGo, and Symbian. Also, I would guess Maemo still has a larger install base than MeeGo at this time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Because Nokia didn't already announce that Maemo is to be replaced by MeeGo? I'm not sure how Maemo will live or die by a developer that hasn't even made something for it yet when Maemo is already being replaced so soon from now.

Scaring prospective developers away from Maemo will not help it survive.
You should consider recommending QT so that it is possible for the dev to target Maemo as well as Meego (and all the others).

Why would you force them to ignore Maemo? Do you _want_ to kill off interest in Maemo?
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Why would you force them to ignore Maemo? Do you _want_ to kill off interest in Maemo?
I didn't realize I had the power to force anybody to ignore Maemo. I must be a Jedi or something, right? I pointed out a clarification--Maemo isn't really a viable platform anymore, given it's going to be replaced pretty darn soon. Was I wrong and why? Do you suggest that it would be better for them, in terms of making money, developing for Maemo rather than developing for MeeGo? Near as I can tell, as I'd pointed out, Maemo's dead.

more than one develpers will read this post. But w8 a minute what about write code once and compile it to many platforms? if he creates for maemo , he ll make it work easily on other os

Anyway, the point's been made and jflatt really explained it best.