Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
I try the new thing (1.1.40), it works good but is annoying have to push the "speaker" until you stop recording, if is possible, would be better (personal opinion) if you push once to record and one more time to stop recording.
I just implemented it as the official WhatsApp does. Since it's called "push-to-talk" you're supposed to do that.

It is normal when you recieve a note voice, came as an regular audio file?
That's because the sender didn't know how to send a push-to-talk voice note. There are two versions:

- Original Voice Note: Press the clip, select audio, select audio recorder or send as voice note (depending on platform). You (and everybody else) will receive this as a normal audio file.

- Push-2-Talk: Pressing the microphone button and holding it. You'll receive it as a push-to-talk voice note.

Just curious, why you delete the folder, when you can delete the stuff in the folder and have the empty folder already created?

I mean, that way Yappari doesn't have to create a new folder everytime you deleted.

Greetings.
I guess that's a question for murik hehehe.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Registration works in Yappari 1.1.39 and 1.1.40, I tested it SEVERAL times.

Why doesn't it work for you? Send your log.
I have a big log file. Around 300 mb. Shall I compress and send the whole file or should send you some latest part from the log?

and I forgot to mention dat, when I tried registering again on 1.1.39, I was successfull in my first attempt. But when I restarted my yappari, it again asked for registeration, and it failed for the second time, barring me from registering for almost 1 day.

EDIT: Problem solved Thank you

Last edited by cr.shaggy; 2013-09-28 at 11:48.

You made recording voice at instant available
please do this for camera .. it's really important
it sucks when you open the camera and take a picture and go back to yappari select the contact and click on send multimedia and choose image and browse to DCIM instead of .images :S
Thanks Scorpius

Found a little "bug", when you send an image (not tested with audio or video) on the create chat window when you see the last message says voice note, not image, as supose to.

Greetings.

The Following User Says Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Found a little "bug", when you send an image (not tested with audio or video) on the create chat window when you see the last message says voice note, not image, as supose to.

Greetings.
the same bug

The Following User Says Thank You to murik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by davdav View Post
You made recording voice at instant available
please do this for camera .. it's really important
it sucks when you open the camera and take a picture and go back to yappari select the contact and click on send multimedia and choose image and browse to DCIM instead of .images :S
Thanks Scorpius
I know it sucks but tell that to the smart people at Nokia.

Maemo failed epically to provide APIs to do simple mobile things, like taking a picture, sending/receiving SMS, etc.

There is NO way for an application to call the camera application and get a filename from it after the user took a picture.

The options are:

1.- I have to make my own "camera" app inside Yappari, which I won't, and if I did it won't be as nice as the default camera app.

2.- Do a hack like this: Call the camera application and start monitoring differences in the DCIM directory, but if the user doesn't take a picture... it'll be a disaster.

Since I haven't found a way to call the camera and get a filename from it, I haven't done it.

if any of you guys have an idea, I'm listening!

Last edited by Scorpius; 2013-09-28 at 16:40.

I know it sucks but tell that to the smart people at Nokia.

Maemo failed epically to provide APIs to do simple mobile things, like taking a picture, sending/receiving SMS, etc.

There is NO way for an application to call the camera application and get a filename from it after the user took a picture.

The options are:

1.- I have to make my own "camera" app inside Yappari, which I won't, and if I did it won't be as nice as the default camera app.

2.- Do a hack like this: Call the camera application and start monitoring differences in the DCIM directory, but if the user doesn't take a picture... it'll be a disaster.

Since I haven't found a way to call the camera and get a filename from it, I haven't done it.

if any of you guys have an idea, I'm listening!
Can't you put maybe rawcam or Fcam inside yappari and make it optional to do such a thing ?
instead of doing your own camera app; use the apps people made
Thanks Scorpius

Greetings.
Indeed. Fixed that bug for the next version.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:

Greetings.
Notice that just happen with the image you send, with others says image like it should.

Greetings.

Indeed. Fixed that bug for the next version.
Anyway...

Originally Posted by davdav View Post
Can't you put maybe rawcam or Fcam inside yappari and make it optional to do such a thing ?
instead of doing your own camera app; use the apps people made
Thanks Scorpius
I could try FCam API. I'll read the documentation to see if it's feasible.

In the mean time I need you all guys to vote for 1.1.40. Even if it still has that little bug of [voice note] instead of [image] when you send one (and should happen with video and audio too), let's vote so 1.1.40 can reach extras and people that are struggling to register can register easily and enjoy Yappari.

Vote here

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp