Originally Posted by Treponema
What seems more likely is that the order numbers are for the entire nokiausa store, and that they have some 20,000 orders of phones/cords/chargers, etc. instead of just 770s.
Yes, I think you're probably right. That sounds very likely. I really don't think they will actually be selling many 770s at all. It isn't at all a mainstream device. Aside from geek type sites there has been very little mention of it anywhere else. And the non geek sites (WSJ and so on) don't seem to get it when they do mention it.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
Treponema-

I think you nailed it - order numbers probably include all products, not just 770's. FWIW, my USA order number is 57210268 (I too ordered as soon as I saw it).

Brad.

I actually had forgotten that Nokia sells other things than the 770,

Originally Posted by canosso
Hello,
we in "Stone Age" Austria have the Nokia 770 already in real shops, yes, only the one of the local telco, Telekom Austria. I already could seen one today in the shop in Mariahilfer Strasse in Vienna, not in action but exhibited.
They also offering them in there Internet Shop, (German) for 359 Euro.

I'm waiting for the version 2.0 of the tablet with hopefully better support of USB host function.

canosso
ooooh! know of anywhere else selling it?