Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by pataphysician View Post
To return from fullscreen, I assume you can set a keyboard shortcut under Control Panel/Bluetooth Keyboard/Shortcuts, just like the n810

These can be edited to any key combination you want.
But that would cripple Maemo 5 to the point where a keyboard would be necessary and limit the range of devices that can run it. Plus, you would have to slide open the keyboard, and hit two keys, which is rather awkward and a step backward for a UI that has been designed with a lot of thought.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Nice review. I would have liked to have seen more screenshots of portrait mode. Incidentally, when in portrait mode, does anyone know which side is the top? For example, in portrait mode, does the keyboard open to the left of the screen or to the right?

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
By the way what is the bright circle on the left lower corner..... Led indicator?
i would say so...
because you can see it ?blinking? (don't know the correct word) on some photos...

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
By the way what is the bright circle on the left lower corner..... Led indicator?
I think that might be the new LED indicator which is hinted at in one of the control panel images.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
You're talking like this was an official announcement, not a leak by some Russian journalist with an illegal prototype! As you keep pointing out yourself, the announcement hasn't happened, let alone the release...
Yes, I was just thinking on that.

I've somehow come to accept Eldar's predicted September 2nd announcement date as a given, and I shouldn't. Besides, even if that is the announcement date, it does not mean that the release will immediately follow, as it has done with previous Maemo devices. Eldar himself states that the release will be late this year, so trusting him for the announcement date, but not the release date, makes the least sense of all. I've become too eager.

With all those pictures, the guy could have at least posted a screenshot of the browser's "About" page.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Nice review. I would have liked to have seen more screenshots of portrait mode. Incidentally, when in portrait mode, does anyone know which side is the top? For example, in portrait mode, does the keyboard open to the left of the screen or to the right?
i would say open to the left, because then the earspeaker is on top...

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
i would say open to the left, because then the earspeaker is on top...
And the mike hole is on the right!

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Yes, I was just thinking on that.

I've somehow come to accept Eldar's predicted September 2nd announcement date as a given, and I shouldn't. Besides, even if that is the announcement date, it does not mean that the release will immediately follow, as it has done with previous Maemo devices. Eldar himself states that the release will be late this year, so trusting him for the announcement date, but not the release date, makes the least sense of all. I've become too eager.
The reason why I'm accepting his predicted September 2nd date is because it's the first day of Nokia World 2009 and as far as I know, that's where most of their new hardware is announced. It seems like it would be the perfect place to launch their latest and greatest... but yeah, I don't generally believe random Russian blogs.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
There is also a PC- connectivity manager ...
Attached Images