Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Jolla available in Amazon.UK for UKP298.74 since today, (it was UKP330).

By the way, until 2 days ago, Amazon.UK was accepting international orders (Amazon Global), but since then it is restricted (not shipping to Brazil, for example).
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
By the way, until 2 days ago, Amazon.UK was accepting international orders (Amazon Global), but since then it is restricted (not shipping to Brazil, for example).
Yeah, that stopped international orders between me leaving work on Friday night, and getting home when I was actually going to make the Order
Would've been in my hands in 3 days time from now.
Really f*************** about that.

Hopefully they'll once again accept international orders once the sale ends.

The Following User Says Thank You to gd81n For This Useful Post:

It now costs UKP290.
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
It now costs UKP290.
Which is about 350 EUR, the new official price.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Grrr, what's the bet the price will go up slightly & only then will it be available for international orders (if ever) >.>
I think I'm off the bandwagon for this current gen. of Jolla, if there's a 2nd one, & if it's launched in Oz, then I'm in.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Grrr, what's the bet the price will go up slightly & only then will it be available for international orders (if ever)
I am also trying to buy Jolla smartphone from some store, but Amazon.uk closed international (AmazonGlobal) shipping just in the day I've decided to buy it...

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Grrr, what's the bet the price will go up slightly & only then will it be available for international orders (if ever) >.>
I think I'm off the bandwagon for this current gen. of Jolla, if there's a 2nd one, & if it's launched in Oz, then I'm in.
me too.

my N9 going flakey in November caused me to get a Nexus5 for £300 just months before Jolla's arrival, and there is no way i am spending £300 on a first-gen Jolla now.

let's see what a 2nd Gen model bring...

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:

Amazon UK is again selling Jolla smartphone (UKP279 = EUR357 = US$453), and accepting international orders. At least for me, it shows in "Estimate VAT, Postage and Packaging" :
Items £232.50
Estimated Postage & Packaging £12.25
Total before VAT £244.75
VAT £0.00
Import Fees Deposit £232.81
Estimated Order Total £477.56
So for international orders, it costs UKP232.50 = EUR298 = US$378 before packaging & import fees.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Amazon UK is again selling Jolla smartphone (UKP279 = EUR357 = US$453), and accepting international orders. At least for me, it shows in "Estimate VAT, Postage and Packaging" :

So for international orders, it costs UKP232.50 = EUR298 = US$378 before packaging & import fees.
I confirm that it worked ! I've bought the Jolla smartphone in 28/09/2014 and received it today at home (via UPS/Amazon Global Priority) in Brazil, with all fees paid before.

Now I'm a Jolla sailor !

PS:
1) international ordering of the Jolla smartphone is still available in the Amazon.UK site (checked today, 03/10/2014);
2) there is no EU or UK adapter from Amazon.UK (as explained in the "Box Contains" section), while Jolla from Jolla.com has EU adapter. It is not a problem for me because I have many Nokia adapters which can charge the Jolla smartphone;
3) it has Sailfish 1.0.4.20. (edited) Just a matter of upgrading directly to 1.0.8.19.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2014-10-03 at 23:33.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Bruxelles
I confirm that it worked ! I've bought the Jolla smartphone in 28/09/2014 and received it today at home (via UPS/Amazon Global Priority) in Brazil, with all fees paid before.

Now I'm a Jolla sailor !
Congratulations !!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to b.cloanta For This Useful Post: