Active Topics

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Np, you would be supriced what the right things could do
shoot us some good ideas, I'm ready to be surpriced

edit holy **** by a misclick now know hitler is surprised by ovi turn by turn being free, first time clicklottery gave me a laugh (and then hitler predicts maemo6 will be a blast and an officer losens up his collar uncomfortably):

Last edited by szopin; 2014-10-24 at 19:28.

They should seriously work on creating official ports for other mainstream devices.

If I could run sailfish OS on a Z3Compact - I would pay to buy the OS

If they just sold the OS for a price for compatible devices, a lot of people bored with Android would buy.

Think PC/DOS sales model, v/s the Apple sales model b4 Steve Jobs

It required a Steve Jobs to sell the Apple model, I doubt Jolla has anyone remotely sales savvy

Last edited by sid21177; 2014-10-24 at 19:29.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sid21177 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sid21177 View Post
They should seriously work on creating official ports for other mainstream devices.

If I could run sailfish OS on a Z3Compact - I would pay to buy the OS

If they just sold the OS for a price for compatible devices, a lot of people bored with Android would buy.

Think PC/DOS sales model, v/s the old Apple sales model.
Would this really work if you can get mer for free? Silica closed sourcing might be ok in perspective (throw in android compatibility and this could sell, just for how much until xda manages to crack android cl)

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
shoot us some good ideas, I'm ready to be surpriced

edit holy **** by a misclick now know hitler is surprised by ovi turn by turn being free, first time clicklottery gave me a laugh (and then hitler predicts maemo6 will be a blast and an officer losens up his collar uncomfortably):
beers in --> ideas out

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

beers in --> ideas out
bottoms up in that case

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I would like to know how many of you people with such brilliant business ideas run businesses of your own.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
On a more serious note.

Go Where the users are rather then try to bring all to you.
you suggesting jphone2 to be fully android device? because that's where people got, not by choice, by lack of choice :C

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
The whole problem here, is if they want any help. The problem with community that you need to cooperate with them. But it seems they do not want it or want it only in exactly way they see it acceptable.
The whole problem that kills opensource, linux based projects are turning them only into product to sell and profit of...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I would like to know how many of you people with such brilliant business ideas run businesses of your own.
the transparency or death guys were obvious sjw/tmblrinas shills, not sure what other business ideas were thrown out (my of selling android cl with sfos is stolen from xda, everybody seems to want it there obviously)

edit: even worse they speak finnish so not polish trolls and even are ceos ^^

Last edited by szopin; 2014-10-24 at 20:03.

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
The whole problem here, is if they want any help. The problem with community that you need to cooperate with them. But it seems they do not want it or want it only in exactly way they see it acceptable.
The whole problem that kills opensource, linux based projects are turning them only into product to sell and profit of...
i disagree, it is the community who has to come up with idea, how would you react to jolla ceo coming here posting 'guys help?', if we can come up with worthwhile idea they will accept it,not thebother way around (hey guys help us with x support)

edit: just to clear it up, they can't come here looking for unpaid interns to do thčir job, but if we can come up with something that helps them i don't see them stopping us

Last edited by szopin; 2014-10-24 at 20:00.