Hi people.

Via the Ovi suite i was given an option of reinstalling my device software but not updating it because it was already the latest version.

Anyway i have just reinstalled the devices software successfully.

Am i right in thinking this would have reflashed the Emmc and just generally reflashed the phone itself?

Nowo n Nokia Ovi Suite i dont see an option to reinstall the device software for the phone but it tells me i have the latest version.

Is this all ok and normal?

Thank you.

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Normally when the device is fully reflashed, you should not see anything inside $HOME/MyDocs/.sounds, $HOME/MyDocs/.videos., $HOME/MyDocs/DCIM.. in fact your eMMC partition should be at least 25GB free if eMMC were to be reflashed.

To be frank, I have not done flashing via OVI suite so I wouldn't know personally.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by martyk69uk View Post
Hi people.

Via the Ovi suite i was given an option of reinstalling my device software but not updating it because it was already the latest version.

Anyway i have just reinstalled the devices software successfully.

Am i right in thinking this would have reflashed the Emmc and just generally reflashed the phone itself?
I wouldn't expect it to reflash the eMMC, but I've never used Ovi suite so I wouldn't know for sure.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
hey guys have just done a reflash via pc suite.. it hasnt lost any of my data but done the flash successfully. is pc suite definately the same as the emmc flash aswell as the other general flash? basically would pc suites reflash be a hard reset for the phone?

Thanks guys.

hey guys have just done a reflash via pc suite.. it hasnt lost any of my data but done the flash successfully. is pc suite definately the same as the emmc flash aswell as the other general flash? basically would pc suites reflash be a hard reset for the phone?

Thanks guys.
As far as i know, Ovi Suite just flashes the OS. It doesnt really flash the emmc. You have to manually flash emmc i guess

The Following User Says Thank You to naninenu For This Useful Post:
Hi there

ok thanks for your reply.

What would be the need to flash the emmc and what would be signs of needing to flash it?

Is there a good guide for complete newbiesl ike me for flashing the emmc? Just the emmc is what i need then as i have already flashed the other thing with ovi suite.

Thanks very much people.

Hi there

What would be the need to flash the emmc and what would be signs of needing to flash it?

Is there a good guide for complete newbiesl ike me for flashing the emmc? Just the emmc is what i need then as i have already flashed the other thing with ovi suite.

Thanks very much people.
You can do a complete reflash of firmware/EMMC using Maemo Flasher it is very simple to use all instructions can be found in the wiki here.

Hope this helps!

1. Maemo CSSU (Stock Kernel)
2. Maemo CSSU (Power Kernel 48)
3. Nitdroid N12 UMay (Kernel 2.6.28-07 6-RC6)
4. Backupmenu

The Following User Says Thank You to edmac316 For This Useful Post:
Hi there

Thanks very much people.
You generally flash your emmc when you have lot of data on your emmc and dont feel like clearing it.
I did it once cause i was so messed up trying to install nitdroid, meego and what not on emmc. There were files everywhere and so though lets clear the whole thing and start fresh. Hope that gives u a good example.

The Following User Says Thank You to naninenu For This Useful Post:
thanks a lot guys uve been most helpful on this matter