Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
If a browser didn't display images, would that be a bug? I don't see how images in emails are any different. I never send HTML emails myself, but I do receive them, and I want to be able to read them.

I agree completely with the security issue, which is why I've not enabled the download process on my modest.

Adding an option to make it at user's preference -> enhancement
Not showing them at all -> bug

Anyway, this is my opinion, and I'm going to opine no more.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by pixelseventy2 View Post
If a browser didn't display images, would that be a bug?
no.

i use lynx here. it doest display images. this is why modern html requires authors to use the alt-attribute. html is a text markup language and not designed to be exclusively rendered with graphics. also, html says a user agent should simply ignore tags it doesn't know/can't render.

therefore, technically html-mails that rely on images (especially if they're not providing alt-descriptionns) are a bug. not displaying the images is a missing feature, in mail clients, browsers and anything else that renders html.

Last edited by benny1967; 2008-09-12 at 05:42.

I have the same problem on my N900. However the point to note is I can see the images in the email body for my Gmail account, whereas the problem of images coming up as attachments is only for my Mail For Exchange account and the Image icon in the toolbar becomes greyed out.

So what could be differentiating these two account types?