Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
A small Sailfish OS/Qt 5 GUI specific update has just been released. If you are having some issues with the compass rose, last used layer restore or tile loading this update might fix them.

Code:
* Thu Oct 23 2014 Martin Kolman - 0.49.7
- fix the compass rose not showing up in the Qt 5 GUI on Sailfish OS
- fix a typo preventing location startup if no last known position exists in Qt 5 GUI
- fix a race condition that could prevent some map tiles from working properly in Qt 5 GUI

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post

Code:
* Thu Oct 23 2014 Martin Kolman - 0.49.7
- fix the compass rose not showing up in the Qt 5 GUI on Sailfish OS
- fix a typo preventing location startup if no last known position exists in Qt 5 GUI
- fix a race condition that could prevent some map tiles from working properly in Qt 5 GUI
I had that issues with 1.0.8.21.

Now I have SailfishOS 1.1.0.38 (Uitukka) installed an did the uptate to your 0.49.7, Jolla is still a test phone. Tiles are not loaded if "Sqlite" at "Options->Map" is selected, with "files" it works.

I deleted all at "~/.local/share/harbour-modrana/maps/" and started modrana with option "Sqlite". A "lookup.sqlite" is created, but ist stays empty, same on the screen (no map visible). Back to "files" the tiles are loaded and displayed correctly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by meemorph View Post
I had that issues with 1.0.8.21.

Now I have SailfishOS 1.1.0.38 (Uitukka) installed an did the uptate to your 0.49.7, Jolla is still a test phone. Tiles are not loaded if "Sqlite" at "Options->Map" is selected, with "files" it works.

I deleted all at "~/.local/share/harbour-modrana/maps/" and started modrana with option "Sqlite". A "lookup.sqlite" is created, but ist stays empty, same on the screen (no map visible). Back to "files" the tiles are loaded and displayed correctly.
Weird, I'll check what's wrong. Thanks for reporting this!

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
I noticed that modRana's routing instructions are not audible when the phone's 'silent' profile is selected.

I think that 'on-demand' sound should be played in that profile.
It would be great if this could be fixed.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to foobar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by foobar View Post
I noticed that modRana's routing instructions are not audible when the phone's 'silent' profile is selected.

I think that 'on-demand' sound should be played in that profile.
It would be great if this could be fixed.
Well spotted.

This is a common thing that developers have to workaround on the N900.
IIRC calling aplay directly?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Yes, I've noticed that in other applications as well, not only modRana and Marble. The olden radio applications showed this phenomenon, too, and I stopped using them because I didn't figure it out at the time and just thought they were broken.

Anyway, I just found this, maybe it is of help:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...lay#post734307

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foobar For This Useful Post:
I added a Wiki page on how to set up modrana to use mbrola voices for navigation: http://wiki.maemo.org/Setting_modran...on_with_mbrola

I also added a link to this page under the Resources section of the main wiki page.

Let me know if you have any issues, and sorry it took a while. My main N900 died a few days ago and I've been recovering everything.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by malfunctioning View Post
I added a Wiki page on how to set up modrana to use mbrola voices for navigation: http://wiki.maemo.org/Setting_modran...on_with_mbrola

I also added a link to this page under the Resources section of the main wiki page.

Let me know if you have any issues, and sorry it took a while. My main N900 died a few days ago and I've been recovering everything.
Maybe as a future goal we should look to package some of these if people are actively using them.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Maybe as a future goal we should look to package some of these if people are actively using them.
A couple thoughts. And bear in mind I haven't packaged anything yet for maemo, so some of this might sound stupid.

Mbrola is not open source. This is no problem, is it?

The voice data files are on the bigger side, but I guess packaging per langiuage would be fine. However, there are too many data files for some languages (for example Spanish), so we might have to split those up per country.

The Following User Says Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by malfunctioning
2. Night Mode! Or custom visual mode, customizable by the user.
Basically, allow the user to customize graphic filter settings to alter the way map tiles look. For a simple Night Mode you could invert colors, for example. When this mode is engaged, tiles are buffered and processed before being displayed, and possibly also saved for later use if the user chooses that. You could also offer a batch preprocess mode so that the alternate set of tiles can be processed ovcernight, similarly to how tiles are downloaded now for offline routing.

The simple version of this feature is just "Invert Colors" and call it "Night Mode". This feature would be super useful for all the non-satellite maps. Those maps have tiles which don't occupy too much space either.
I just noticed this was already implemented.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, martin_rocks, modrana, navigation, openstreetmap, the best, wehasgps