Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Hello,

I'm just wondering is it possible to get Silverlight XAP apps working in Linux (Harmattan)?

I searched on Google and I found some websites talking about deploying apps onto Apache servers but that's about it...

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance,

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Hello,

I'm just wondering is it possible to get Silverlight XAP apps working in Linux (Harmattan)?

I searched on Google and I found some websites talking about deploying apps onto Apache servers but that's about it...

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance,
You can try mono and moonlight projects. Some version of mono is afaik compiled for n900, I don't know how about moonlight.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Hmm I wonder if it has OpenGL-ES support or what not, the idea is to have WP apps to work on Harmattan

Moonlight development was stopped before the release of Silverlight 5.
Silverlight 5 was the first version with 3D graphics support.

Moonlight never really worked for me on desktop linux, also the Silverlight version for Symbian S60v5 never got out of beta state, and is useless imho because of bugs and lack of compatibility.

So I think the anser is: No, silverlight application can't be run on Harmattan

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post: