Notices

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
i hope someone else can provide an answer, obviously i'd like to help but like i said i'm just guessing, i'm hardly an expert!

the error message you receive isn't shedding much light...
when you uninstalled did you check it removed the fuppes.cfg file? maybe it needs manually deleted?

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Yes i noticed it does not remove the CFG file and database in /.fuppes so I used winscp to go in and delete them manually first.

afraid i'm all out of ideas, you've already done everything i can think of, hope you get it sorted.

i've spent most of this morning streaming music to my ps3 and attached surround sound, theres about a 3second delay before each song starts but otherwise its pretty damn cool!

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
@king1what folders exactly are you trying to stream. I may be wrong but I think it can only stream from the parent dir so say you had
/home/user/MyDocs/music/pop/
/home/user/MyDocs/music/classic
I think you would have to share both separately and not justt the
/home/user/MyDocs/music
Directory. For ease of acces remember you can also use the web interface on your home pc over the network just type in the url it gave you with the port number into IE or what ever you use.

Regarding the issue with having to gainroot each time it could be a permission issue. You can change this as root
chmod 777 /.fuppes/fuppes.cfg

Like I said i have only had a quick look on my break. I will be trying this out on my system later.

The Following User Says Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
@king1what folders exactly are you trying to stream. I may be wrong but I think it can only stream from the parent dir
na using a parent directory works fine for me, it actually shows up with the folder filestructure on the remote device, as opposed to sorted by artist etc when you use a pc as a media server for example, which i rather like.

I am sharing my home/user/DCIM, home/user/Video and on the card /media/mmc1/DCIM, media/mmc1/movies

I will try the chmod thing in a minute Casper see if that works, appreciate the help. Woudl be great to get it going, even better if someone could work with the maker and get a nice GUI etc for us ol' farts :-) My fingers are too podgy for the keyboard you see :-)

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
You don't need a "settings" applet. It provides a web interface already.
I know, but you can't turn it off and on with it. Something simple with on/off radio buttons and possibly simple way to edit folders and button for refreshing database would be great.

@laasonen

On and off can probably be done with Queen Beecon Widget. Refreshing the database could easily be accomplished with Queen Beecon too.

Last edited by Reffyyyy; 2011-04-01 at 00:51.

Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
I know, but you can't turn it off and on with it. Something simple with on/off radio buttons and possibly simple way to edit folders and button for refreshing database would be great.
integrate it all into the fmrds widget, slap tvBgone on the side and i'm an all powerful media wizard with the power of gadget control at my fingertips! :P

Yup, I have it all working as widgets using Queen Beecon. I may post a how-to later on.

Tags
dlna upnp, media server