Notices

HI guys, sorry to not post in the bootscreen threas, but no one answered, and thought i might get one in the desgin thread instead.

for one reason or another, my bootscreen icon has gone from my uninstall directory as well as the settings part of my n900.

I tried apt-get bootscreen and it prompts me for a password- does anyone know it or can explain why im being prompted for it?

i reflashed and nope, no bootscreen.also have led pattern editor, notifiication light and live wallpaper and custom operator installed if one of those is blocking it?

does anyone know what the password is for it if I installl it in Xterminal?

I aam using the power kernel if this helps, but have also reflashed back to non power kernal and nothing.

Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
try uninstalling all the apps u installed after u got the bootscreen one and its not the ones u got at the moment thats blocking it, coz i have all of them AND bootscreen manager.

i have a bad feeling i'm going to need to install 93 apps again...

use the backup app to back up the list of your apps (it will download them all again if u reflash), and u can choose which ones to download and which ones not to download

oh, awesome... question though, shouldn;t i still see a "bootscreen" app in my lists regardless?

if u got it installed, u should be able to see it in the list when u go to app manager and click uninstall apps.

yes, but therein lies my problem- it is not in the uninstall, nor is it avilable to download in app manager.

If i do this an uninstall everything, will it show up in the uninstall again, or can this just not happen?

wait maybe you dont have extras testing/extras devel repositories installed. cause bootscreen settings might be in them.
try installing them http://www.nokian900applications.com...or-nokia-n900/ and then check if the bootscreen app is in download list.
and be careful about the extra repositories, some apps can harm your phone

yep, my catalogues are updated. The app has not been there since around about the time of pr.1.3.

I'm just going to download another gig of apps and find out the hard way.

i downloaded it this morning and installed a custom bootscreen though. and i have pr1.3. how strange!
well good luck with whatever you try to do