Originally Posted by explit View Post
Hello Boys and Girls.

Only a question.

My situation is:

<snip>

No I have in the Application list:

INCEPTION (installer) 0.1.1
INCEPTION (sec. policy) 0.1

is this correct, or the INCEPTION (sec. policy) must be also 0.1.1?
If yes, how I must update it?

Best regards

ExPLIT
Nothing wrong with that - I just didn't bump the version number for that component as there weren't any changes.

I just donated $5, in part because I need a little extra troubleshooting help and in part because I want to help get you that n9 for this excellent work.

So, I am get the following error when I try to incept opensh_1.00_armel.deb:

"incept: Package syntax invalid"

I am using the following command to produce this error: /usr/sbin/incept opensh_1.00_armel.deb (there is a single space between ".../incept" and "opensh_1.00 . . .")

History of problem: The inception package installed successfully on my device. I downloaded the opensh deb file using the wget command, and the sha1sum command worked fine for me using the "sha1sum opensh_1.00_armel.deb" command, so this is error message is confusing. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling inception and the opensh package, but I end up with same result.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Last edited by Hacker; 2012-04-27 at 20:57.

Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
I just donated $5, in part because I need a little extra troubleshooting help and in part because I want to help get you that n9 for this excellent work.

So, I am get the following error when I try to incept opensh_1.00_armel.deb:

"incept: Package syntax invalid"

I am using the following command to produce this error: /usr/sbin/incept opensh_1.00_armel.deb (there is a single space between ".../incept" and "opensh_1.00 . . .")

History of problem: The inception package installed successfully on my device. I downloaded the opensh deb file using the wget command, and the sha1sum command worked fine for me using the "sha1sum opensh_1.00_armel.deb" command, so this is error message is confusing. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling inception and the opensh package, but I end up with same result.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
Thanks for the donation.

As for the problem at hand...are you sure that the deb file is actually a valid package? If the wget failed, it might have left behind an empty file, which incept won't understand.

Try re-downloading the package and running incept again. Note that you'll probably need to add a --no-check-certificate to wget, as it's broken and doesn't verify the endno.de site's certificate correctly. Failing that, try installing the package with dpkg -i opensh.... If that fails, incept definitely isn't going to work. Otherwise, try incepting the package again, over the previous install.

Thanks! That command made all of the difference.:-)

How to donate via Paypal? I really would like to thank you for your hard work on this.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Athens Greece
i cant incept after the password its say package syntax invalid what to do?

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
All you have to do is the following:

Install inception (which you've done)

Go to terminal. Type:

devel-su -c /usr/sbin/pasiv

Go to the inception site in your web browser on your n9 and download the opensh file and aegiscti file

Incept them by typing the following in to terminal:

devel-su
rootme (that's your default password)
cd /home/user/MyDocs/
/usr/sbin/incept opensh_1.00_arml.deb
rootme

then

devel-su
rootme
cd /home/user/MyDocs/
/usr/sbin/incept aegisctl_1.2_armel.deb
rootme

and voila! both of those files are incepted. Just wait until the Opptimizer program is released, then you'll be able to overclock easily
All good until I actually try and icept - I can get to /home/user/MyDocs but when typing in: /usr/sbin/incept opensh_1.00_arml.deb

I get "no such file or directory" I bet I am doing something basic wrong!?

Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
How to donate via Paypal? I really would like to thank you for your hard work on this.
I've been trying to avoid using PayPal, as they aren't exactly known for their honest business practices...I could set up an account though if people would like to donate that way.

If you have any of the major credit/debit cards it should be possible to donate via WePay, though of course you can't charge your PayPal balance that way.

In any case, thanks for the thought!

@chrisp7: Are you sure the file is where you think it is? (do ls) Failing that, try devel-su -c 'mkdir -p /var/cache/inception'
@zapotek: Check out my reply to Hacker and see if that helps.

Last edited by itsnotabigtruck; 2012-04-28 at 20:30.

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
As I just said in my note to you on the donation page, I am a total noob and don't know the first thing about hacking, coding or Linux terminal commands. But I fully appreciate the work you have put into this, and as it opens the door to everyone who does know how to create useful apps and tweaks for the N9, I'm sure it won't be long before I benefit from Inception.

Hope you're a little closer to getting your N9 now!

Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
I've been trying to avoid using PayPal, as they aren't exactly known for their honest business practices...I could set up an account though if people would like to donate that way.

If you have any of the major credit/debit cards it should be possible to donate via WePay, though of course you can't charge your PayPal balance that way.

In any case, thanks for the thought!
In my country credit cards aren't that usual for paying stuff. Because of that I don't have have one. Only a vacation to the USA would force me to get one :-)

I'm sure lots of european community members will donate via paypal if you offer us that option.

Closed Thread

Tags
harmattan, inception, root-access