Closed Thread
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Durham, UK
Can INCEPTION be used to undo Nokia's warranty validation tests? My keypad security code locking has been disabled

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gabrielharrison View Post
Can INCEPTION be used to undo Nokia's warranty validation tests? My keypad security code locking has been disabled
If your visited open mode which triggers that (ie booted rescue kernel once), only way to fix that is full reflash.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-03-08 at 13:50.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Durham, UK
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
If your visited open mode which triggers that (ie booted rescue kernel once), only way to fix that is full reflash.
Thanks rainisto, can you point me to a bit more info about what can trigger rescue kernel boot?

My OTA PR1.2 update worked fine until it the auto reboot and then on boot I got an error that I posted here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82877

Could that have done it?

I'm still struggling to work out why PR1.2 failed.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gabrielharrison View Post
Thanks rainisto, can you point me to a bit more info about what can trigger rescue kernel boot?

My OTA PR1.2 update worked fine until it the auto reboot and then on boot I got an error that I posted here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82877

Could that have done it?

I'm still struggling to work out why PR1.2 failed.
That can be done by many things, if you edited your system with custom hacks, restored backup from pr1.1, used software outside ovi store, etc...

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Northern NJ
The manual and download on the site isn't working for me, I just get the cool logo and a blinking cursor staring at me, anybody else encountering this?

Originally Posted by pathmarkpolice View Post
The manual and download on the site isn't working for me, I just get the cool logo and a blinking cursor staring at me, anybody else encountering this?
It seems that at least one other person already had this problem - which browser, version, and OS are you using?

As a workaround, just turn off JavaScript and the splash screen will be disabled.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
you can make lite version of page and link at top left corner on main page. will be useful anyway.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I think you need to include javispedro's unseal.ko module to allow the running of chroot binaries.

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
(Inception is) an Aegis crack and not open mode; like with the beta cracks, you will need to insmod unseal.ko .
And you will also need to still request permissions manually and so on for all packages.

Personally, I think this is the wrong approach to take (as explained in the original FMC aegis thread), exploring the real open mode is much more promising and future proof.
EDIT:

Here's the link to the original post:

unseal.ko post

Last edited by qole; 2012-03-08 at 21:24.

is unseal working for PR1.2????

hm, interesting. can you attach compiled module?

Closed Thread

Tags
harmattan, inception, root-access