Poll: Should Jolla be more transparent?
Poll Options
Should Jolla be more transparent?

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Jolla da phone is called jPhone in the street until jolla manage to get it a name we can work with.

Hope jolla will shape up the message for next release.
Only by you, mostly. We've been though this before. As I pointed out Apple calling their first computer Apple, followed by the Apple II didn't do them any harm whatsoever.

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
@pango, there is no reasoning with Davey about this, he has in his mind dubbed the Jolla device with that horrible parody name of the Apple phone line, sad.

I have tried to correct that many times before but he is too stubborn to get it
I even had a conversation with him where he conceded that jPhone was also a poor name and that he wasn't pushing it. And yet here he is advocating it again (although I suspect he'd argue he's only using it until Jolla come up with a name he prefers).

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I also had a conversion with him previously and to me he is the only one that dont judge anyones opinion. And I have to agree with him.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I also had a conversion with him previously and to me he is the only one that dont judge anyones opinion. And I have to agree with him.
I don't judge your opinion, FWIW. Personally I don't have a problem with the simple Jolla phone name, I think it is usually clear from context whether discussing the device or the company.

I can see why you disagree though, so no problem. I have to say jPhone is a little weird, but hey, aren't we all.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pango View Post
I don't judge your opinion, FWIW. Personally I don't have a problem with the simple Jolla phone name, I think it is usually clear from context whether discussing the device or the company.

I can see why you disagree though, so no problem. I have to say jPhone is a little weird, but hey, aren't we all.
Never said you did.

Yeah, one have to be a little weird to use a joll...sorry, jPhone

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: