Active Topics

I recently purchased a Nokia N9 and want to get the Unrestricted System UI. I know that it requires inception, but I can't find aegisctl anywhere for download. All the links are dead. Can someone please upload it for me?

The Following User Says Thank You to enerqy For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
N9QTweak Tweak EE

This has been covered in the forum gazillion times; please use search next time before starting a new thread

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Is relying on N9QTweak really a viable solution?

Not to diminish the efforts of volunteers, but N9QTweak doesn't exactly instill confidence. It's known to break under all kinds of circumstances. Even the developer says so himself. "Tweak EE" should really be two packages in the community repository.

The Following User Says Thank You to evujumenuk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by evujumenuk View Post
Is relying on N9QTweak really a viable solution?

Not to diminish the efforts of volunteers, but N9QTweak doesn't exactly instill confidence. It's known to break under all kinds of circumstances. Even the developer says so himself. "Tweak EE" should really be two packages in the community repository.
N9QTweak is a super viable solution. I've been using it for the past 6 months with no problem with inception and millions of other tweaks. I'm also pretty sure many others can vouch for its reliability. If you're new to it just read the PDF or wiki and you'll know what to do and what not to do.

You can do what AMD said but in N9QTweak you just have to click a button (maybe several ).

Last edited by TheN9er; 2012-12-14 at 17:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheN9er For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
+ If you view everythingn9.com Arie also made a tutorial a long time ago how to get your device aegisctl'd.

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following User Says Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Great that it's working for you. Anyway I think we should respect that everyone doesn't want to install extra application to access some feature or package.

N9QTweak is a super viable solution. I've been using it for the past 6 months with no problem with inception and millions of other tweaks. I'm also pretty sure many others can vouch for its reliability.
@energy
http://www.robertocolistete.net/Maem.../inception.zip

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
N9QTweak is stable as long as instructions are followed...

Anyway if you don't want to use N9QTweak like I said a simple search shows you where else to get it from; http://www.robertocolistete.net/Maem.../inception.zip

Edit: Beaten to it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
I won by few seconds.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ladoga View Post
Great that it's working for you. Anyway I think we should respect that everyone doesn't want to install extra application to access some feature or package.

@energy
http://www.robertocolistete.net/Maem.../inception.zip
Of course, just saying how easy and stable it is.....
Plus, the OP wanted unrestricted system ui, that's also another click away after installing aegisctl.

Last edited by TheN9er; 2012-12-14 at 17:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheN9er For This Useful Post:
Can we really say that for an app that interferes with apps from the Store?

Home screen settings is designed to "not change things that weren't meant to be changed", but N9QTweak can still mess it up.

Combining tweaks that can not be combined is possible with N9QTweak, with disastrous effects.

It's a 12 MB hunk. Those packages it installs, why aren't they just that, packages? We have package managers for a reason, one of them being that they manage installation, updating and uninstallation of packages in any conceivable order, perfectly reproducible.

I can understand why people take a liking to N9QTweak if they don't actually care what's going on inside their devices and just want it to do something they have in mind. I can't understand why something like installing inception and aegisctl should be done with such a jackhammer-like tool.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to evujumenuk For This Useful Post: