Notices

Originally Posted by seawall View Post
Hi All! My multiboot menu are as following:
1) Stock Maemo
2) Power-kernel 49
3) NITDroid
5) Backupmenu

After I choose backupmenu it doesn't show any options like backup or restore. It just boot the Stock Maemo so that I can not create backup. Anybody please help.Thanks!
i also face same problem, no options after selecting Backupmenu option. Which folder i should check for related file?

Omg. Im confused, i have now Multiboot 2.10-1, kernel-power v50 (for multiboot). Which packages I have to install, and which I dont have to?

When will this be available through extras-devel?

Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
i also face same problem, no options after selecting Backupmenu option. Which folder i should check for related file?
That was just happening to me also until I realised that I was using multiboot version 0.2.10-1 rather than 0.2.11.

Once I downloaded the correct multiboot deb on the first post of this thread and installed it, back up menu worked fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mdb666 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hi, I'm trying to install liblzo2-2 with apt-get, but it's not in the Maemo repositories I have enabled. It says "Package liblzo2-2 is not available but referred to by another package...." I have extras (free) enabled and extras-devel (free) enabled at the time being.

I really don't think it needs to be downloaded from an external website. Isn't it in the Maemo repositories?

EDIT:
Well I just added Maemo SDK repository. That was what I was missing. However, there is no backupmenu-multiboot. The original backupmenu wants to remove multiboot.

Please, can someone push the new backupmenu-multiboot and multiboot into testing-devel?

Last edited by mrrhq; 2012-05-13 at 01:24.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
thank you mido very much
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
Originally Posted by manhung View Post
How to run Symbian Belle on Nokia N9?
excuse me sir but you are in the wrong room i think you want N9/N950 room
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Last edited by sifo; 2012-05-13 at 03:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrrhq View Post
Hi, I'm trying to install liblzo2-2 with apt-get, but it's not in the Maemo repositories I have enabled. It says "Package liblzo2-2 is not available but referred to by another package...." I have extras (free) enabled and extras-devel (free) enabled at the time being.

I really don't think it needs to be downloaded from an external website. Isn't it in the Maemo repositories?

EDIT:
Well I just added Maemo SDK repository. That was what I was missing. However, there is no backupmenu-multiboot. The original backupmenu wants to remove multiboot.

Please, can someone push the new backupmenu-multiboot and multiboot into testing-devel?
Unfortunately, backupmenu-multiboot wasn't update for quite a while. although, it's quite easy to "update" backupmenu-multiboot to latest backupmenu, using files from the latter (just replacing old files) - instruction was posted "somewhere" in backupmenu thread.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Chester, CA
Originally Posted by AliasXZ View Post
OK, cheers for that, makes sense.

I always just click on them to see if my phone "approves" of them, but thanks ill install via dpkg
If you have not resolved this yet, this worked for me when i had the same problem. Just ssh into your n900, drop in the files in the appropriate folder, and install from terminal apt-get.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=89466

If you already figured it out mabey it will help someone else w/ the issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to eleseur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Unfortunately, backupmenu-multiboot wasn't update for quite a while. although, it's quite easy to "update" backupmenu-multiboot to latest backupmenu, using files from the latter (just replacing old files) - instruction was posted "somewhere" in backupmenu thread.

/Estel
Hello, can you please tell me how do I update this backupmenu-multiboot to latest backupmenu 1.2-0.2 version?

I've tried extracting the /usr/share folder and replacing it in older version, but it doesn't work.
I've search original backupmenu thread too
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58633

But couldn't find any specific instruction. It'd be very nice to have a full featured shell in backupmenu. That's why I was trying to update it.

Please help.

Thank you.