Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
600 MHz (Stock speed) 1.5GHz if you're brave enough.
I think 1.1 or 1.2GHz is the max for the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
I'd love to give E7 a try. I think Symbian (and especially Symbian^3) is a very solid operating system (in fact, as far as I know Symbian is one of the best operating systems out there for embedded devices, performance and flexibility-wise), and to be honest that phone looks just beautiful

BUT - I won't trade my N900 for it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I think 1.1 or 1.2GHz is the max for the N900.
As a non-techy I'm intrigued; just how safe is overclocking the N900 really? I mean from 600 to say, 800? And would that kind of change show a real improvement in speed, or not that much?

Originally Posted by efekt View Post
I'd love to give E7 a try. I think Symbian (and especially Symbian^3) is a very solid operating system (in fact, as far as I know Symbian is one of the best operating systems out there for embedded devices, performance and flexibility-wise), and to be honest that phone looks just beautiful

BUT - I won't trade my N900 for it
I will not disagree with you, it is a GREAT looking device. But from what I've read about Symbian^3, it seems buggy and has limitations. I won't be swapping my N900 for it either

but isnt symbian getting loads of updates this year, its going to be like an overhaul of the os! Symbian might look very different in 10 months

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to airjaff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
As a non-techy I'm intrigued; just how safe is overclocking the N900 really? I mean from 600 to say, 800? And would that kind of change show a real improvement in speed, or not that much?
Dont see any reason to overclock unless wanting to perform a specific task. I would advice not to overclock your device. There is a reason why it is at 600.

There is alot of OC threads here so plz search and read. And dont go to much of topic here.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Dont see any reason to overclock unless wanting to perform a specific task. I would advice not to overclock your device. There is a reason why it is at 600.

There is alot of OC threads here so plz search and read. And dont go to much of topic here.
Cheers for that

Bet you couldn't overclock an E7...

Originally Posted by airjaff View Post
but isnt symbian getting loads of updates this year, its going to be like an overhaul of the os! Symbian might look very different in 10 months
You know, I think the fact that Nokia released Symbian^3 in an unfinished state really is telling. Soon the qwerty portrait update is being released, which is good news for N8 owners, but why wasn't this part of the original OS? People don't want to spend $600 on a new E7, to then have to wait 4 months for those browser updates, or whatever, to make it work the way they expected it to in the first place!

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Hm Id love to have a thin mobile phone for my suits and such, this bulky bastard kinda gets in the way some times when all I really need is "phone" and "sms". course, Im sure theres thinner and cheaper devices that can do that. on the other hand again, the new os intrigues me slightly.

but yeah no, Im not swapping my n900 until something better comes along with hw keyboard and such an open OS as maemo5.

Yes it is a bulky bastard. But I think it is the best bet for having a HW keyboard and quality, open OS.

N9 will succeed the E7 by late summer this year, and E7 owners will be pissed off. N900 owners will be happy they waited