Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Schematic updated

I am also looking at putting flat wire / copper lanes in the cover so i don't need the wires to the plug, but making a connection to the battery when the cover is on.

And if you want to talk about runtime.....
I have been busy these days and have not used my N900 for much these days then surfing a bit, and only about 3 hours video max.

Name:  BatteryGraph Light usage.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  15.8 KB
BatteryGraph Light usage.jpg.zip <- High res image

So it came to 70 hours!!!! (from full charge)
Also note the charge rate in the beginning

So light usage on the dual scud will give you almost 3 days of runtime.

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-03-20 at 22:23.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Thanks a lot for the updated howto.

Just a quick question. Do you have to charge via the 2mm or can you skip that part and just charge via the normal usb charging?

Originally Posted by electristan View Post
Thanks a lot for the updated howto.

Just a quick question. Do you have to charge via the 2mm or can you skip that part and just charge via the normal usb charging?
thought this was obvious, but i have submitted dual schematic in post #2, one without the 2mm DC and one with.

And it can be anything else then 2mm DC. What ever you think is best if you want to use external charging, the plus with this is of course high charge rate and minimal wear and tear one the USB, i think i use my USB connection ones a week at the most.

But again no need for this, charging via normal USB works as it should, and using this option will help on wear and tear on the USB since the dual scud or japod will mean half as many charges needed, just look at my moderate and light usage, and again under heavy usage you should still get a hole day's usage.

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-03-21 at 14:17.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
I'm sure it is pretty clear for most, i just wanted to be sure

Tusen takk for all hjelpen

Originally Posted by electristan View Post
I'm sure it is pretty clear for most, i just wanted to be sure

Tusen takk for all hjelpen
Det var så lidt...

Have updated the schematic again, hope it is more understandably now.

Well anything new.

Um the SCUD battery? 1500mAh in you pocket, what more could you want!

I have just received mine, they are ever so slightly fatter than the offical bl-5j but only by about 0.1mm.

They come in a strong cardboard case wrapped in cellaphane. The internal part of the 'box' slides out the side to reveal the battery nestled in a royal blue faux velvatine packing. The package includes a velvette, bl-5j sized pouch to proudly carry your new battery in.

The SCUD battery is a really classy offering compared to some of the 'fakes' I have picked up on ebay that have come in nothing more than a half cellotaped jiffy bag. SCUD make a quality product and would not consider sullying it with a fake nokia branding.

At only $16 dollars for two of them I almost considered buying 20 with a view to punting them on TMO for 10+P&P each.

In conclusion, after much search, Dr dk has found the n900 valhalla battery. The battery that soars to the highest zeniths of the bl-5j form factor. I for one salute him and 'king of the commerce' for making it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
So we're just waiting for that mysterious 2250mAh battery to be delivered to our favourite battery afficionado from deal24hours. Maybe we could end up with a 4500mAh double battery (or they are completely rubbish).

Nothing new still waiting for the 2250mAh

-----------------
Yes have to agree that the scud comes in some impressive casing/cover

And it's dr_frost_dk, not dr dk, thats a danish television channel

-----------------
We will see how the 2250mAh stacks up, just don't get your hopes up.
I would really like a 4500mAh battery, just look at my runtime with the 3000mAh, 50% more would be awesome, runtime up to 100hours (light usage)

I still have big doubts that we will see better then the scuds

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
Nothing new still waiting for the 2250mAh

-----------------
Yes have to agree that the scud comes in some impressive casing/cover

And it's dr_frost_dk, not dr dk, thats a danish television channel

-----------------
We will see how the 2250mAh stacks up, just don't get your hopes up.
I would really like a 4500mAh battery, just look at my runtime with the 3000mAh, 50% more would be awesome, runtime up to 100hours (light usage)

I still have big doubts that we will see better then the scuds
Thanks. Don't worry, I am not too hopeful . I really would not be surprised if it is nowhere near the 2250mAh, it would be interesting to see how they could possibly get that sort of energy level in the same physical space.

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc