Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by hqh View Post
Isn't it activated when you choose "search" from the app menu and click on the search text box?
Indeed it is. Thanks for opening my eyes to this already availible feature. Once again, GREAT FRIGGIN WORK!

2d

Originally Posted by slender View Post
@quixote

Hmm. What do you mean by that you want to do it default app? You want to install nokia ovi store apps and .deb files e.g. here with it by default?
I meant that when I get the update alert (the little yellow blinking square), it launches fapman instead of the maemo Application Manager. But I see that hqh answered the question further down. No can do.

Originally Posted by hqh View Post
You can't do that at the moment.
Registering mime types will accomplish nothing because fapman does not know what to do with .install or .deb files.
Oh no! I guess I'll just have to learn not to push that silly blinking square yellow update alert and remember to start fapman instead. (Any way to turn that alert off? I've looked but haven't found anything.)

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by quixote View Post
Oh no! I guess I'll just have to learn not to push that silly blinking square yellow update alert and remember to start fapman instead. (Any way to turn that alert off? I've looked but haven't found anything.)
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=59743

At the end of an installation process FAM only displays "Installing {LastPackageNameHere}" but it is Catorise which needs to process the new menu entries. Could you display that step please?

And could you create a similar backup & restore feature like HAM has? Just save a list of all installed applications and to restore just do an "apt-get install {all the packages here}".

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Does anyone know what HAM does to refresh icons?

Newly installed apps with apt-get and fapman get blue squares; ones installed by HAM get icons. Also, after installing via fapman, opening and closing HAM rebuilds all icons.

I thought cache refresh was null in 1.2?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Holland
Bug report

Does the confirmation dialog (for (un)install) have the right parent set? Because when that dialog shows up, and I press that top-left icon, the parent window goes into that overview, but the dialog stays in place. When I press somewhere on the dialog, I see the desktop, and when I press that top-left icon again, I only see the window, not the dialog. After clicking the window, the dialog shows again.

Probably hard to understand what I mean, but I think that confirmation dialog has the wrong parent, or no parent at all

I'm not able to find this app in the app manager. I have added the extras-devel repos on my device, but in vain.

Anywhere else i can download this app from..??

Originally Posted by ndi View Post

Newly installed apps with apt-get and fapman get blue squares; ones installed by HAM get icons. Also, after installing via fapman, opening and closing HAM rebuilds all icons.

reboot ur phone and the icons will be back. it used to happen to me using HAM before and now with faman but after reboot, the icons appear

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ndi View Post

Apps can (and some do) trigger that via "gtk-update-icon-cache -f /usr/share/icons/hicolor"...