Notices

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
This is a little off-topic but i was wondering how i can transfer the pak files frome my sdlquake game to my maqii port so i can play games on my maqii port but when i transfered the files using emelfm2 and try to open my maqii application and try to open it, the file was grayed out and i can't run it. is there a way to bypass this problem?

p.s. The reason i am asking you pipeline, is because i opened the "README" file in the sdlquake directory and it said "Make any inquiries/requests to user pipeline on the InternetTabletTalk forums" and i had a question so i asked you.

more off topic than you think

I did not build the maqii game, and its totally separate data files. SDLQuake is Quake1 and Maqii is Quake2... the sequel.

Data files wont work between them. Do you own quake2?

I did repackage his quetoo port (before it was renamed maqii) and this had demo data levels in it. If you dont own the full game you can download that quetoo-repack deb onto mmc and use emelfm2 to extract it to get data files (dont install it its older version). Edit the quetoo.desktop in apps/hildon (bookmarked dir) and change part where it says base1 to demo1 then run maqii and point to extracted baseq2.

Last edited by pipeline; 2008-03-29 at 22:30.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
I'VE successfuly transfer the data to the /usr/share/maqii/quake2/baseq2 but that quake.desktop file is'nt there. Instead there is a maqii.desktop file and it doesn't contain that thing i had to edit. is there something i could do differently?

here's some pictures to show you what's going on:
Attached Images

Last edited by b-man; 2008-03-30 at 02:12.

oh yea, thats right he's got a launcher now.

hmm... actually i think the version that would work best for you is the previous release here :
http://www2.lut.fi/~thietan1/repo/ar...nook_armel.deb

The only thing you lose is the level picker but the demo levels are all different anyways so no help.

So uninstall maqii, install that then edit (as root) the two desktops to manually change :
- base1 to demo1
- manually change basedir to the location of your basedir

in /usr/share/applications/hildon/quetoo_load.desktop and
/usr/share/applications/hildon/quetoo_new.desktop

Sorry he doesnt support demo levels, thats just a workaround i found

Last edited by pipeline; 2008-04-05 at 19:21.

I tryed that but i got the following eror while testsing it in x-terminal-

~ $ quetoo
Quetoo 0.5.0
Added pakfile /usr/share/quetoo/quake2/baseq2/pak5.pak(120 files)
using /home/user/.quake2/baseq2/ for writing
couldn't exec quetoo.cfg
Console initialized.

------- sound initialization -------
loading snd_alsa.so sound driver
load /usr/lib/quetoo/snd_alsa.so failed: /usr/lib/quetoo/snd_alsa.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

------- video initialization -------
loading vid_softsdl.so video driver, ok
recursive shutdown
Error: Couldn't load pics/colormap.pcx

As you can see it aubviosly loaded the pak file but failed to exicute.
Is there a way of fixing this problem?
(note) - I used xarchiver to unpack the zip file, extract it into mmc1 and then as root, copied the files into the directory.

I'd like to try emelfm2 (N800, OS2007) but it doesn't start: complains about lack of libpangocairo . I found this should be part of pango package but can't find it. Link please?

- package installed so theoretically it should be in system but cannot find it.

Last edited by vvaz; 2008-03-30 at 10:05. Reason: more explanations

vvaz : did you install bora (os2007) version?

b-man : you put the wrong pak file and you put in wrong place. Forget pak5 thats addon for full quake2. What you want is to highlight the quetoo-r2r-0.5.0-6zs.chinook.deb and then hit menu key (one of the buttons under dpad) and extract contents.. it'll dump into subdirectory (on mmc?) in a usr directory (since thats how debs store)... then drill down into that usr/share/quetoo subdirectory and copy its baseq2 subdirectory to root of mmc, then point quetoo_load.desktop and quetoo_new.desktop files (in apps/hildon) to that basedir

For future users i've made a archive of quake2 dir (demo data) to be extracted to root of mmc. That along with changing startup (desktops or python) to point to it and use demo1 map instead of base1 map should work as well.

Originally Posted by pipeline View Post
vvaz : did you install bora (os2007) version?
Yes. I installed bora version.

vvaz, Can you try this bora build :

link removed : see first post for links

Last edited by pipeline; 2008-04-06 at 16:18.

This one works, thanks. But still have problems with Trash. I thought it was fixed?