Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Today I called a property agent whom i had contacted a year ago, may be longer, but when i mentioned my name to him recollected all my details accurately played them back accurately and i was amazed, later on i thought does he really remembers all that or he had my phone number attached to a crm app?

how cool it will be if we could attach some more detail about our contacts to their contact number on ph, everytime someone calls i could see their details that i ve already stored. will it be possible ohn n900?

thanks
- vivek

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vivmak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Yeah, this will be really useful for me, especially as I have a very poor memory of names. At present I use the woefully inadequate contact notes for this functionality.

GREAT IDEA!

Let's see if we can team up and make it happen! I'm no developer but I definitely would be available to assist

this a feature i really miss from symbian. over there it is clled call note, basically when the person calls, her not pops up. if short you cn even read it before you answer. great for kid names, last order, etc.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
For UI ideas, It could be like on the call screen, initially it will be as usual, but when we click the contact picture, it will be replaced by the note?
It's brainstorming time. Put up a brainstorm, vivek.

i seem to remember an option somewhere in my n900 where, for a contact, it would show all the conversation and call history for that person. can't find it again....

edit: found it. click on a contact from Contacts. then go to the menu at the top, and there's an option called "Communication History"

can that option be extended?

Last edited by droll; 2010-09-22 at 04:12.

i think adding note is a good idea. i dont know how to write codes with the available tools and kits for this device

i can help testing it for sure

Will it be possible to program such a feature wtih Qt? I am starting to spend some time learn Qt and code up something, may be hello world and attach it to a call, how do I attach it to a call?

Alternative is to use the name tag of the caller to use for the detials that i want to store.

I just wanted to know if there is a way we can make the number of the caller display with the name !

because if you have 2 numbers for the same person, you cannot know from which number the person is calling on the n900. it doesnt show the number.

Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mher.kndo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Bangladesh
I have mamy person with more than one number so it would be great if n900 show number with name or an icon can be used for different numbers.