Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Originally Posted by Armand360 View Post
anyone tried the Nokia BH-905i? a bit pricey but i don't mind getting it if it's really good. been reading a few reviews it's 50-50 so far (some say it's really good, some say it's just okay and not the best).
I have the BH-905i. It's expensive, but it's worth the money. Two main features I love about it: awesome battery life and amazing noise-cancellation. You gotta try it to believe it, it just works. I've used it on streets, loud public areas and even on the plane.. It's amazing how good the noise cancellation is.

Also, sound quality is very good.. Certainly one of the good headphones. I chose this over Beats by Dr. Dre and that decision was because of quality of sound. With stereo widening, bass boost and ANC all turned on, this device produces really really good sounds.

the build quality is good, but as you probably read in reviews, it's a bit heavy. Still works fine though.

battery.. Oh I never saw this thing run out yet.. I left it paired with my PC with ANC on for two days straight.. It still worked perfect.. Then I put it on charge.. Never really found out the real battery life though. Oh and charging is extremely fast as well.. So far, I got it to full battery in half hour always or sometimes even 15 mins when it's not used much.

two disadvantages I noticed could be:
1. receiving call on it is as awkward as any normal Bluetooth headset.. If you're not used to it, you'll feel weird lol; it's a headphone with a hidden mic, what do you expect :P

2. The soft cushion on top is covered with some material which, if you're not careful.. Might start to tear off. Maybe because I wasn't careful.. I never saw others with the same complaint though.

For everyday use.. It's awesome.. For just making calls.. Aahh.. I wouldn't do that, so it's up to you

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

The Following User Says Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Oh, and for the OP, I've also used a BH-505 headset. It's pretty solid, but I would go to the shop and buy it rather than ship it, since the build quality isn't guaranteed.

For hands-free calling, it's more suited than BH-905i. Although, I think the "fit" depends on whose head it's gonna be on, since some people have a perfect fit, some find it slipping down, so I'm not so sure.

Although if you're very particular about sound quality, this is good, but other alternatives perform better.

Check out Jabra HALO 2, it's cheap and interestingly performs really good.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

The Following User Says Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
thank you very much.

i was a bit unclear, but i am looking for an in-ear headset, like that one.

And the main "problem" is, wether it works with power kernel v50+, because my se mw600 gave me random connection breakdowns/no automatic connection- which was quite annoying (under v49, v50 it kicks me out within 20mins).

So if you have a suggestion (which is really appreciated), please write your current kernel version down.

Thanks!

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
I would like to report that I bought a BH-505, & the plastic band/frame broke after about three weeks. It was an expensive consumer learning experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
found today the samsung sh3000; is anyone using it and is it working?

any problems with the connection? which kernel are you using?

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by sirpaul View Post
And the main "problem" is, wether it works with power kernel v50+, because my se mw600 gave me random connection breakdowns/no automatic connection- which was quite annoying (under v49, v50 it kicks me out within 20mins).
Does it work well with another kernel (the best is to test with stock kernel from PR13). Maybe there is some bug in KP. Have you reported this behaviour to kernel KP developers?

already did that, it is connected with the bt-mice-patch which is needed for some headsets to function proper (e.g. se mw600) while it results in flaws with others.

so stock kernel and v50+ of kp do not work with the mw600 and because even v49 does not autoconnect proper and it disconnects in special situations (sometimes when ending a call) i want to buy a new one, although i am quite happy with it.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
sirpaul if you want to test it a little bit more let's try experimantal bluez package (I know it has the problem with setting the BT name - it takes the name from the driver) from http://merlin1991.at/~luf/bluez/. But I'm curious if it can fix your problem.

BEWARE: this can lose all your bluez config so please backup your device. If you'll be faced with some troubles (except the BT device name) let's try to remove /var/lib/bluetooth and reboot the N900.

I stopped bluez upgrade on N900 as version 4.66 works ok for me and I was able to patch obexd to use this older version. BTW the BT device name was the only bug I find with bluez-4.99 (I used it for several days).

The Following User Says Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Cologne.
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
Hi,
I'd like to get a Bluetooth Stereo Headset to use with my N900, but I want it with call controls as well as music (skip/prev., Volume, play/pause). I'd like in-ear buds and as few wires as possible, just a neckband - ergo something like Motorola S9, Altec Lansing Backbeat 903, Jaybird JB-200, or Nokia BH-505.
Has anyone tried any of these (or others) with the N900?
Suggestions?
thanks, Ben
I'am pretty happy with my BH-905i.
I also have the SE-MW600 but they sound like garbage against the Nokia ones.

But if you prefer In-Ear try the Nokia Essence:

http://accessories.nokia.com/product...tereo-headset/

They look promising.

The Following User Says Thank You to hriday. For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by luf View Post
sirpaul if you want to test it a little bit more let's try experimantal bluez package (I know it has the problem with setting the BT name - it takes the name from the driver) from http://merlin1991.at/~luf/bluez/. But I'm curious if it can fix your problem.
thank, looks interesting, i' ll give it a try.

EDIT 1: the autoconnection issue (n900 + headset claiim they are connected, but there is no sound, even via phonespeaker) remains, i ll try later phoning wether it still disconnects randomly (which is the main issue).

Last edited by sirpaul; 2012-09-17 at 13:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to sirpaul For This Useful Post: