Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
On a more important note, are we any closer to making OMP not be disrupted by incoming SMS and IM notifications?
Is this of any use??

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
This really isn't important, I completely argee with vi_

Artists/Producers adjust the EQ. Listeners ...um listen.
I agree only partially, If producers mess the stuff up the eq may be needed. Or if the playback system is crappy. Then eq may be useful.
But it's not a must-have.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
I don't know how good the pl_pl translation is (using en_us anyway) but if it's not good, I may help
Thanks, but I'd prefer someone who uses it regularly (it's currently maintained by me, but I don't use it either ).

Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
everything is good in OMP. needed thing is only equilizer. im not forcing anyone
Please stop asking for the equalizer here, because it's out of OMP's scope. If you want an equalizer, you have to implement it in a lower layer.

On a more important note, are we any closer to making OMP not be disrupted by incoming SMS and IM notifications?
Is this of any use??
This issue is high priority for me, but its fun factor is very low and the whole libplayback thing is rather poorly documented (your link was the only piece of code I could find), so I gave up quite quickly and haven't touched it since my first attempt.

Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
doesnt look like anyone else has experienced this or at least reported it. with the build from last night (16/06) when I shuffle all songs, they are being played as if they are internet radio stations.
I have prepared a fix and the update is in the repositories. Changes for today:
  • Added an option to resume playback only when a headset is reconnected within specified time.
  • Added an option to manually choose a translation.
  • Fixed a regression causing "Shuffle all songs" to open the radio window.
  • New translation: Arabic (Saudi Arabia) by laith.my.
  • Updated translations.
To manually choose a translation, enter its language code. Do "ls /opt/openmediaplayer/lang/" in the terminal or visit https://www.transifex.net/projects/p...t-mediaplayer/ for a list of available translations (only those more complete are packaged with OMP).

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post

This issue is high priority for me, but its fun factor is very low and the whole libplayback thing is rather poorly documented (your link was the only piece of code I could find), so I gave up quite quickly and haven't touched it since my first attempt
The above comment is about music being disrupted by incoming messages. I would like to point out that for users like me who rarely listen to music but frequently listen to audiobooks, this is a much bigger deal. Having a few words or paragraphs obliterated can and often does turn sense into nonsense.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
I think the settings dialog should have word wrap in portrait mode so translators like me wouldn't have to type abbreviations or line breaks into longer strings. Those would unnecessarily show up in landscape mode too.

Isn't it better to hide the forced language code into some config file where you can change it? Or maybe a drop-down list with languages?

Also you might want to make "Selected song set as ringing tone" translatable.

Keep it up gidzzz

The Following User Says Thank You to megaexer For This Useful Post:
Since I'm too lazy to read all 105 pages...
I would like to know if it's possible in the next release to create playlists for videos.
I've downloaded lots of YouTube-videos using NVideo, all music video's FLV (most of them with just a static background).
They all show up in Open Media Player but when they're done playing it won't play the next video.
Anyways if video-playlists are too much to ask, then at least let it play the next video

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
This really isn't important, I completely argee with vi_

Artists/Producers adjust the EQ. Listeners ...um listen.
well not all earphones/headphones are neutral. some are more bassy/tinny than others so to somewhat make them sound more "normal" we need an equalizer.

edit: sorry for OT.

Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
I don't know how big was that upload, but if I remember correctly, I was surprised by not seeing the percentage go up after it. Anyway, it's been already about 2.5 months since it was created and there are some obvious errors in its current state (like translating "%n song" to "Um: %n song"), so it certainly could use your help (I have added you to the team).
Almost done. I just didn't figured out what the commands "override FMTX" and "Append opened songs" supposedly do.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
The above comment is about music being disrupted by incoming messages. I would like to point out that for users like me who rarely listen to music but frequently listen to audiobooks, this is a much bigger deal. Having a few words or paragraphs obliterated can and often does turn sense into nonsense.
Sure thing, but as I see it that MUST be an user-selectable option, which defaults to stock behavior.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
@freemangordon

Any idea if Coverflow album view will be in a future version of OMP??

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse