Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I am wondering what is happening with Internettablettalk.com? Currently if you go to it, it looks like it always has. I am assuming that they are wanting this to go away? Is there a date? Will a new front page for the Forums be created? If so will it be at talk.maemo.org? Will internettablettalk.com just be phased out. I am hoping there will be a front page to the forums like ITT has always had.

Sorry perhaps this is already discussed, can someone clue me in?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
I believe the plan is to demolish the front page of internettablettalk.com, and move the forums to talk.maemo.org. However, I haven't seen a date for this happening.

What do you find useful about the front page of internettablettalk.com? The consensus was that the page gives no extra information, and the News is out of date.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
This is the alternative "front page" for the forums (i.e., new posts):

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...archid=4873301

Tim

I think you want this link.

Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
I think you want this link.
Um no, I dont
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
I believe the plan is to demolish the front page of internettablettalk.com, and move the forums to talk.maemo.org. However, I haven't seen a date for this happening.

What do you find useful about the front page of internettablettalk.com? The consensus was that the page gives no extra information, and the News is out of date.
I honestly use the front page to see what people are talking about. I am still using the front page.

So your saying there will be a front page to talk.maemo.org similar in nature to the front page of ITT? Showing active topics?

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Um no, I dont
This was actually a response to Tim, not to you...

I honestly use he front page to see what people are talking about. I am still using the front page.

So your saying there will be a front page to talk.maemo.org similar in nature to the front page of ITT? Showing active topics?
I'm saying there WON'T be a front page of talk.maemo.org, it'll just be the forums. Are you using the minimalistic theme? In that case, I think my link above is the closest you're going to get. Perhaps we need to come up with a solution for the minimalistic theme users?

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Canada
The new layout has the active topics on the right at all times, not just the front page. I find that even more useful since you don't have to go back to the main page to get to the next active topic

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Showing active topics?
"getdaily" lists threads updated in the last day.

It seems like this whole thing is just trying to force ITT's user base into Maemo.org. There was a reason people didn't go there, I can't see why that is not clear. You want to get people to Maemo.org, CHANGE MAEMO.ORG, don't twist peoples arms.

At least the old site, showed active topic front and center on Front page. Now, I go to a list of forums, and scroll up and down along the right hand side to see them. This is NOT more useful.

I personally would like to retain a similar layout to ITT front page with active topics and other useful information.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post: