did you reflash both image and emmc?

also have you tried not installing fcam and seeing if you can re-start without any problems..

lastly, is your phone overclocked, I recall this being incompatible with fcam, but i think it was getting fixed....havent kept up with the most recent info on this.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
If you reflashed and it was good for a whole day.. then i bet it is a program that causes the pain. You probably installed it before and then later installed it again. With the same result.

What happens if you reflash both images and then try to run it dry for a while? Meaning not installing anything.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Alameda, CA
I'm going to reflash both images again and see what happens. Any more info on the ovi store message? I've noticed a few other people have posted that they've received the same message about having to upgrade Maemo 5 before they can access the store.

Originally Posted by jwhealey View Post
I'm going to reflash both images again and see what happens. Any more info on the ovi store message? I've noticed a few other people have posted that they've received the same message about having to upgrade Maemo 5 before they can access the store.
do you have the hide user agent installed, this was a problem where the hiding of the microb type made ovi think you did not have an updated version of maemo...

back OT, did any of the above help the OP??

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
fcam is known to have issues with titans kernel
maybe thats why?
sorry, i didnt try fcam coz it has issues with titans and im waiting for a stable release for either/both

I was finally able to successfully reflash after switching to a different desktop computer. However, I am still receiving the screen from Ovi Store telling me that I must upgrade my Maemo 5. This is immediately following a reflash to PR 1.2.
P.S.
I've never had the "Hide Your User Agent" installed. Thanks to everyone for their help so far. If anyone can think of another reason why I might not be able to access the Ovi store, please let me know.
Cheers,
JH

So, after reflashing, I was able to restart my n900. Now I'm having a new issue. I've looked on these boards for postings describing something similar, but couldn't find anything, so here goes...
It seems that after flashing to the latest U.S. PR 1.2, not only can I not access the Ovi Store, but when I attempt to download Firefox, I get a message saying that it is not available for my device. This is similar to the message that I get when I attempt to access the Ovi Store, when I am instructed to "update my N900." Of course when I do so, no update is available. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.