Active Topics

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Hammond, IN
With an Nvidia 9800 GTS in my system now, hope to cut down on transcoding times using Badaboom ( http://www.badaboomit.com/ ).

What are the settings for N810 that would correspond to those of Nokia's Video Convertor?

Namely:
Resolution?
Format?

Thanks!

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
In my experience, Badaboom sucks a lot. It could not open a SINGLE file a threw at it. Talk about horrible codec support. Therefore, I could never use it, so yeah. Its really not worth the money, thank god for BitTorrent so I did not waste my money.

Just try the iPhone settings. Or PSP.

I can't wait for a real video transcoder to start using CUDA or OpenCL or whatever, that would be amazing (and if it was OSS, or free, even better!)

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Hammond, IN
Thanks for your opinion.

Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
In my experience, Badaboom sucks a lot.
When did you last try it? Anandtech says the latest version is much improved.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3475

I noticed that if you have the videos in a folder with non-english characters in the name it dont work.

like I had the videos in a folder called "GÖGN" and I got a "Could not open input file E:\GÖGN\whatever.avi" error for every video inside that folder, renaming the folder or moving the videofile outside the folder made badaboom except it.

I'm guessing users with non-english characters in theyr Windows user profile on a single drive computer may experience this especially, unless they have the video in a folder in the C\: root

Last edited by Tester2000; 2009-10-17 at 21:11.

also
does not work if the video itself has a non-english character name

Videocoder also supports CUDA.

Tags
badaboom, conversion, convertor, transcoding, video