Posts: 38 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Dhaka
Hello

I found few thread on different sites for installation guide of Nemo OS on Nokia N9, but all are Linux based. Is there any1 who can guide me to install Nemo on my N9 from a windows base PC?

Regards

Pleasure

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Well it is possible it could be done but sure it is fairly complicated and not worth the hazzle.
You propably need to install drivers in your computer to handle the USB memory export of ext4fs and I really cannot say if those even exist for windows, and if so for what version. Most propably for XP if even for that.

Just go the simple way and install linux.
I have been told it can be done in virtua machine also.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Dhaka
Thanks for the advice, I will try virtual Linux.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
It shouldn't be too complicated imho.

You need to repartition your MyDocs to free up space for a fourth (or even more) partition(s). This can be done on device (sfdisk) in OpenMode. Do not forget to make the filesystems for MyDocs again and also of course for the new partition (mkfs)
Then download the nemo.tar.bz2, unzip it on PC. Copy the tar to N9 and untar it to new ext4 partition. Flashing dual boot kernel (please read wiki and confirm) or better use ubiboot.

But maybe using Linux live CD and follow wiki is easier ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature