Active Topics

Hi,

There is a problem in the media player of the N900. I have copied a MP3 song with ID-3 tag album named "Varios" and a picure hardcoded in the ID-3 tag. The picture is correctly displayed in the player for all the MP3 songs having the "Varios" album tag. However, when I update this image in the MP3 file to other image with the same album name "Varios", the player does not update the image and even when deleting the MP3 files and recopying them, the player still remembers the old image. Deleting, the .mediaxxx folder with the image does not help, it is recreated again with the old image.

It is also impossible to get rid of the album image once it has been detected in a mp3 file. Any future mp3 with the same album name will have the old image although it has been deleted from all the mp3 files.

Any suggestion?
Best regards.

if you do some searching, u will find the answer. you need to clear out the cache and have the device recreate the new images. the actual terminal command is written somewhere on these threads... good luck hunting...

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
tracker-processes -r

but even that does not help for me...

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
tracker-processes -r

but even that does not help for me...
Neither for me. It therefore seems a bug in the media player. However, I'm not a Linux expert to manually delete the cached thumbnails of the media player. Anyone can help?

I have posted a bug at bugs.maemo.org (https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7522)

Regards.

I forgot... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

My voice with yours !

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Mexico
Originally Posted by DALSAFEEN View Post
My voice with yours !
use Mp3tag...it works perfectly

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
There's another cache of the album art in $HOME/.cache/media-art/ .

badstraw, already using it. !

Thanx

Originally Posted by ikerrg View Post
Hi,

There is a problem in the media player of the N900. I have copied a MP3 song with ID-3 tag album named "Varios" and a picure hardcoded in the ID-3 tag. The picture is correctly displayed in the player for all the MP3 songs having the "Varios" album tag. However, when I update this image in the MP3 file to other image with the same album name "Varios", the player does not update the image and even when deleting the MP3 files and recopying them, the player still remembers the old image. Deleting, the .mediaxxx folder with the image does not help, it is recreated again with the old image.

It is also impossible to get rid of the album image once it has been detected in a mp3 file. Any future mp3 with the same album name will have the old image although it has been deleted from all the mp3 files.

Any suggestion?
Best regards.
I will tell you a little secret

If you want the image to be updated with the MP3 use MP3tag, but here is the point change the Album name like the song name or anything else because i found that it will give the same image for the same albums name !

Hope this is help

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
After pr1.2 update all songs that (didn' t)don' t have an album picture acquired their icons by a certain album. So most of my songs have the same wrong icon. How can I revert them to the default(the icon with the note)?