Active Topics

This is strange. Why do you want MicroSD. There isn't a phone & never has been a phone on the market with 64GB of eMMC. What do you want?? It hold as much as a n900 with a 32GB MicroSD card together.

Some people thought the FM RX & FM TX were redundant on the N9. It turns out they are hidden deep inside the N9's hardware. Devs could now in fact write an app for the N9 for Fm RX & Fm TX. How loveley!

If & if you want sources. = http://www.meegoexperts.com/2011/06/...iver-software/
Please say thanks if this comment was useful to you?!!?

The Following User Says Thank You to 1337INT13H For This Useful Post:
Keyboard, stylus, (micro)SD slot, removable battery, stand and more importantly: a future.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
lma, you simply do not need a MicroSD card slot. May I ask what device you are using. It doesn't even have 64GB let & even with MicroSD you won't hold anymore than 64GB with one on any other phone.

Keyobard I agree with. Since we could have had a choice. Well, the screen is Multi touch input, so you can buy a TP capacitive stylus can't you??

Removable battery. 1450mAH Nokia could do better even tho they are using AMOLED screen with a slightly larger battery & more power conservative hardware CPU & RAM, & NAND which runs lower in power consumption aswell.

I also agree with you on the stand. The stand wasn't missed on my N900 because it didn't prop up the phone the correct height & angle anyway & was unstable by slight nocks.

About the future. Well, I guesse we'll all have to find out sometime sooner or later. It all depends on how nokia push ahead the rest. OVI Store, OVI Music, or Nokia App store? I hope the N9 has generated a global interest in making developing apps .

Based on how the general populace is with the device, how many it sells, how much dev support, Nokia might give Meego a sustainable 1st party support, a viable future. It's good enough. Just plan is messed up especially now a WP7 device seems to appear looking a lot like N9.

Maybe some external keyboards can be designed by a third party company for the N9. Alternativley, Nokia make the N950 a consumer device & get more Meego powered phone, arouse more market potential, support from Nokia & developers.!!!! Pleeeeeeese

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1337INT13H For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 1337INT13H View Post
lma, you simply do not need a MicroSD card slot. May I ask what device you are using.
N810.

It doesn't even have 64GB let & even with MicroSD you won't hold anymore than 64GB with one on any other phone.
It's about flexibility, not absolute storage space. I like to stick my camera card in and review/upload pictures for example. Also, without removable storage how is one going to install MeeGo CE, nitdroid etc non-destructively?

(Of course the real reason they removed it is to induce worst-case shopping)

Removable battery. 1450mAH Nokia could do better even tho they are using AMOLED screen with a slightly larger battery & more power conservative hardware CPU & RAM, & NAND which runs lower in power consumption aswell.
No matter how good the battery and device power conservation, after a year or two it won't hold much charge and will need replacing.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
What if you have multiple devices, and want to share media between them? How are you going to do it without a MicroSD card?
How are you going to quickly share the pictures with someone on a computer? SCP? SFTP? This is how I share the files on my main computer, but it's not so convenient when you go over someone's house.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Led...n9 has no LED!

In regards to the MicroSD, look at the N900. Having a separate file system on micro sd has really helped the development of things like MeeGo and Android on the device, if nothing other than from a testing standpoint. I wouldn't reflash my brand new N9 with Android, but if I could boot it off of an SD card I'd be all for it. Also, price. Buying a straight up 64GB phone, is going to cost a lot. Why not get 32 and expand later when you have extra money, or when prices of SD cards drop?

The Following User Says Thank You to dDoS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Support from Nokia top management is in my opinion the thing N9 is missing the most.
This. I'm not really patriotic person by nature, but man this Elop + Microsoft combo is sure pushing such emotions out from me. I just can't fathom why on earth Nokia board (and top management) decided that this is the best strategy to continue with. They should've just appointed Vanjoki to be the CEO and continue with MeeGo/Harmattan, as it's now quite apparent that it has at least potential to deliver what the mass market wants.

And to those who want to dismiss that with the ecosystem (I hate that trendy corporate buzzword) talk, I don't see that WP7 holds any more promise in that front. Only thing that I can see better with WP7 is for the E-series with integrations to common MS tools, and I really doubt that would be the key for Nokias success. The future lies in platforms that won't lockdown the users, even though that time isn't here yet.

For Nokia's sake I hope I'm completely wrong here, only other hope is that someone in the Nokia board grows some balls and will question mr. Elop's strategy and intentions.

Originally Posted by 1337INT13H View Post
lma, you simply do not need a MicroSD card slot. May I ask what device you are using. It doesn't even have 64GB let & even with MicroSD you won't hold anymore than 64GB with one on any other phone.
A few months ago I was at an old colleague's retirement do in London. I'd met up with some other friends earlier, and they wanted to get some posters of poto's printed; some were on my N900, some were on their totally lacing wireless comms laptop and some were online. Using the mSD from the n900 and the tiny usb reader I always carry in my wallet, I was able to colate all the pics on one folder on the SD. The off to Boots to stick it into one of these.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ | MAD | MEX | MOW |
for me, the most important missing spec of the n9 is official nokia support for meego...

The Following User Says Thank You to juanenrique For This Useful Post:

Tags
impending doom