Notices

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Sadly i think Maemo will now be left thanks to Nokia ! but i still wait for MeeGo to be available for the N900 as a complete os, now there is where you could see something happening because i was astonished at the MeeGo UX build on the lenovo s10-3t belonging to qwazix on the video he did for everyone to watch.... great stuff.

I would love to see MeeGo like that for the N900 and then we will see a difference to app availability if it is done right.

Alien dalvik is a money maker so unless he gets paid to port then i can not see anything in big numbers from him for the N900 unless you have to pay for it on the download ha.
I can't help, though, but make parallels between the optimistic hope of an open next OS being made available for the older device history repeating itself... N900 Maemo 5 to MeeGo, is the new N8x0 OS2008 to Fremantle (opened to the community). :P I could be very wrong--probably am, but man I can't shake the feeling Nokia will do SOMETHING, SOMEHOW to make the N900 experience a ruined one yet again for the folks who would like to bring the next OS into their current device.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Tags
android, nitdroid