Hi,

Since mid August I'm getting the following warning in the registry of the app manager.

apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: libsdl-mixer1.2 1:1.2.6-5+0m5+ogg+mp3
apt-worker: /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_fremantle-1.2_free_binary-armel_Packages

Since that the app manager has not updated any program (even when I already had the Speccy software and a new version has been recently out). Do you know which could be the problem and how can I avoid it? I have issued an apt-get -s upgrade in the console and it says that libsdl-mixer1.2 is being kept back from update. apt-get -s install libsdl-mixer1.2 seems even worse and it tries to uninstall many things.

Thank you for your help

I'm trying to find a solution. Maybe unistalling all the software which depends on libsdl-mixer1.2 package could help. However it seems part of the PR1.2 update. Any suggestion?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Ignore the libsdl-mixer package. This is a post-PR1.2 update that hasn't yet been made available properly. Attempting to install it will cause most of the PR1.2 packages to be removed.

Regarding missing updates - do you have the repositories enabled that the updates are in? A lot of updates will be only to extras-devel or extras-testing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Actually, it's a community package that should've been removed long ago, I'll ping X-Fade later today.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Thank you. I thought something was broken in my dependencies.

I do not have enabled extras-devel or extras-testing repositories. However, Speccy 1.7 update is in extras repository. I have manually updated it by downloading the .deb file. Anyway, I do not know why Speccy is in extras non-free repository. Maybe this repository (non-free) is not enabled in my N900.

Cheers.

Hi,

I don't know if this is related with the previous problem, but since yesterday I'm getting an error when opening the app-manager. It says "operation error" and in the registry there are several lines like this:
E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with Mergelist /var/lib/apt/lists/downloads.maemo.nokia.com_fremantle_ssu_apps_._Pac kages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened

I cannot download or update any application.

I've tried issuing the apt-get update command, but after downloading the different package lists, it returns:
Reading package lists... Error!
E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with Mergelist /var/lib/apt/lists/downloads.maemo.nokia.com_fremantle_ssu_apps_._Pac kages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened

Can I try deleting the files in the folder /var/lib/apt/lists? Is it safe? Do you know how to avoid this error?

Thank you.