Notices

Originally Posted by alexystems View Post
RE: jacekowski

SON I DONT KNOW IF YOU ARE REFERING TO ME,
BUT HAVEN'T BRAECKED ANY LAW, I HAVE PURTCHED THAT FILE FOR 15 EUR .
WEN I PURTCH SOME THING THAT THING BECOMES MINE, AND I HAVE ALL THE RIGHT TO DO WAT I WANT WITH THAT, I DONT SEE
ANY TERMES AND CONDITIONS ON THE FILE.
FOR LAW ON THIS CONDITIONS I HAVE ALL THE RIGTH TO DISTRIBUTE OR GIVE IT.
Still a dick move.

YES I HAVE,
AND ON THE PAGE THAT I HAVE POSTED I HAVE REFERED THE AUTHOR Together WITH MY SPECIAL THANKS TO HIM,

Mates to end this conversation i don't won any sort of explanation to any of you.

Happy new year

Matan: Yes, i looked at patches, nothing in patches states that it's GPLed.
There are other files included like already patched kernel sources - these are gpled - but alex uploaded the whole thing, including part that may not be GPL licensed (they may as well be, but there is no solid evidence that) .
alexystems: fix your capslock, learn to spell, then learn copyright law (any work is automatically protected by copyright law and original author is only person that has right to distribute it, unless stated otherwise), it's not yours you are merely allowed to use it yourself, or transfer that right to another person. - you could have diffed included gpled source code ( kernel ) and that would create GPLed patches, but that still wouldn't change that it was dick move.

Last edited by jacekowski; 2011-01-01 at 19:35.

Originally Posted by jacekowski View Post
Yes, i looked at patches, nothing in patches states that it's GPLed.
There are other files included like already patched kernel sources - these are gpled - but alex uploaded the whole thing, including non gpl part.
If you looked at the patch files, and you are capable of reading, two assumptions which I am willing to make, despite evidence to the contrary, you must have noted that they contain quite a few lines copied directly from the wl1251 driver released as GPL, therefore they cannot be distributed legally, except if they are licensed under the GPL.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
RE: jacekowski
Do know wat is copyright ?
mate that can be in contry but i am sure that in my contry the things
are a bit difrent.
About my spelling i really think that you are rigth, the dumpest thing on this , is that iam wasting my time with this selfish bastard, just becouse he gets angry to see some helping the ones with less money.
I dont want to be rude, but lets end this convertation, ok
BS. sory fr my por english, i will love to see u speak Portuguese

Last edited by alexystems; 2011-01-02 at 12:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to alexystems For This Useful Post:
Copyright law is pretty much same all across the Europe.
About your spelling - every single modern browser has spell check built in or has plugins available - it really helps to use them.
Author of these patches had to spend time making them instead of his normal summer job, pays for hosting and had plans to develop them further - so instead of getting some money from summer job he pays for hosting and all he gets is you calling him "selfish bastard".
So, now instead of some other features ( like mentioned eduroam support and other things ) community will get nothing, because i doubt anybody will be willing to develop it further just to be called "selfish bastard", developers deserve to get paid, and he was asking for *any* donation.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jacekowski For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
If you looked at the patch files, and you are capable of reading, two assumptions which I am willing to make, despite evidence to the contrary, you must have noted that they contain quite a few lines copied directly from the wl1251 driver released as GPL, therefore they cannot be distributed legally, except if they are licensed under the GPL.
It seems as if you're both saying that he illegaly distributed it, why the arguing then?

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by Umlungu View Post
This isn't an issue with the driver, but I've just it wanted to test monitor mode/injection. So I installed aircrack and ran airmon-ng start wlan0, which complained about needing iw installed.
Yet 'apt-get install iw' removes aircrack and vice versa, wtf?
To enable monitor mode:
Code:
ifconfig wlan0 down
iwconfig wlan0 mode Monitor
ifconfig wlan0 up

To get back to managed mode:
Code:
ifconfig wlan0 down
iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed
ifconfig wlan0 up

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
To enable monitor mode:
Code:
ifconfig wlan0 down
iwconfig wlan0 mode Monitor
ifconfig wlan0 up

To get back to managed mode:
Code:
ifconfig wlan0 down
iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed
ifconfig wlan0 up
ah yeah, forgot all about that method, thanks man!

Tags
driver, injection, wl1251