Active Topics

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by ikerrg View Post
Yes, I have uninstalled Mirror app but Extra Decoders still does not install. I've never used "apt-get upgrade" (I have not broken anything) and I don't know what app is keeping the old version of this package. Could you help me?
Well, you could try:
Code:
apt-get install -s decoders-support=0.4
That should tell you exactly what needs to be removed/updated in order to install the new Extra-Decoders version.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Well, you could try:
Code:
apt-get install -s decoders-support=0.4
That should tell you exactly what needs to be removed/updated in order to install the new Extra-Decoders version.
I have issued your command. Apt-get asked for an "apt-get autoremove" of two packages, one of them was the gstreamer0.10-plugins-good-extra. But autoremove didn't remove any package (?). Then I decided to follow chemist's advice and let app-manager manage the apps. That's why (always using the app-manager) I uninstalled the Extra Decoders Support v0.3.4-1 (Mirror was already unistalled), and then, after a reboot, install again the 0.4 version of Extra Decoders Support. That worked, and without touching the commandline. However, something wrong was happening in the dependences that was resolved by uninstalling both old apps. It should not happen.

Last edited by ikerrg; 2010-06-14 at 14:36.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
Originally Posted by ikerrg View Post
I have issued your command. Apt-get asked for an "apt-get autoremove" of two packages, one of them was the gstreamer0.10-plugins-good-extra (...)
Argh, what's the name of the second package?

Originally Posted by Tomaszd View Post
Argh, what's the name of the second package?
If I remember well, it was libspeex1, but I do not remember the version that it was installed before. Now I have installed libspeex1 1.2~rc1-1maemo7+0m5. And curiously it seems a dependency of Mirror app (trying to uninstall Mirror says that libspeex1 will also be uninstalled), although I cannot find this dependency in the web of Mirror: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in.../mirror/2.1-1/

Does this help you?