As of last night I no longer have an N900. One thing I wanted to do before I sold it was extract the notification sounds, the default SMS and mail notifications were some of the best on any phone.

Is there a way I can get them? Doesn't really matter what format, I can convert them to whatever I need.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Look in /usr/share/sounds. Use FileBox to access this folder if you're not familiar with using the Terminal to navigate folders and copy files.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Look in /usr/share/sounds. Use FileBox to access this folder if you're not familiar with using the Terminal to navigate folders and copy files.
The OP doesn't have his/her N900 anymore though.

Yeah, should have done it before I sold it. I was in a hurry to wipe and reflash to stock. I really didn't think it'd sell so quick. That is not a knock against the N900, it just usually there are a lot of flakes before somebody actually buys it.

The Following User Says Thank You to narcoleptic For This Useful Post:
download the sdk and extract them from the virtual machine image maybe?

The Following User Says Thank You to fusi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Use wget to grab the package:
Code:
wget --auth-no-challenge https://qa9recEP:Pat2UGuP@downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/mr0/maemo-ringtones-mr0_1.1+0m5_all.deb
And then the sound files are inside the deb (7-zip, amongst others, will open a deb on Windows, dpkg elsewhere)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
Use wget to grab the package:
Code:
wget --auth-no-challenge https://qa9recEP:Pat2UGuP@downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/mr0/maemo-ringtones-mr0_1.1+0m5_all.deb
And then the sound files are inside the deb (7-zip, amongst others, will open a deb on Windows, dpkg elsewhere)
That worked beautifully. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to narcoleptic For This Useful Post: