Posts: 312 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ dubai
now i agree with tswindell saying that apple brainwashes by saying they invented video calling, but so what?

nokia did it by saying n900 has the power of a computer, and when i go to youtube, too much lags.

@f2thak

mac is the best in the computer markets right now hands down.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
maybe now, but not when they first came out.......... :P

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Oohhh this thread is fun!

Ok.

I actually like Apple products - from a hardware perspective and to a certain degree the software too.

What I do not like is the increasing control of how you are allowed to use their products.

It's a matter of principle that I won't buy Apple products because they can dictate to me the terms of the use of their hardware.

I won't buy an iPhone (I considered buying one last year) or an iPad.

Until recently I would have considered buying a Mac but unfortunately there are rumours Apple are planning to lock that down too.

I just don't don't like the idea of a corporation dictating the use of the stuff I have paid for.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
they are just so fruity

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikolajhendel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by sepehrsfmech View Post
now i agree with tswindell saying that apple brainwashes by saying they invented video calling, but so what?

nokia did it by saying n900 has the power of a computer, and when i go to youtube, too much lags.

@f2thak

mac is the best in the computer markets right now hands down.
look, N900 has the power of a tablet computer. It wasn't claimed to be a super computer. You can do some study on how much CPU power is needed to be a powerful computer. Nokia never said that the N900 will be as powerful as the average computer either.

N900 has similar hardware to iphone 3GS, the only thing that defined the N900 as a mobile computer is the OS. OS defined the hardware, without OS there will be no working hardware. OS taking advantage of the given hardware and make it performed the way the instructions telling it to do. Maemo5 OS may be not very smooth as iOS but it is the closiest to the consumer computer OS. It is a class of its own.

FYI, even some computers are struggled to play youtube. That is a low end consumer laptop. It has higher CPU and RAM than the N900 but yet can't even watch youtube properly.

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-08-26 at 07:51.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
if it wasnt for apple, people wouldnt have a sweet music store(itunes)
There are plenty of other good music stores that've been round longer than itunes

if it wasnt for apple, people were forced to use windows.
MacOS is not the only windows alternative, despite what Apple might like you to think.

if it wasnt for apple, there would be no touch screen phone till 2011.
Touchscreen mobile phones have been around since at least 1994.

if it wasnt for apple, there would be no angrybirds.
The iPhone is not the only phone that can play games.

can someone reply to me in this thread on why do you hate apple/iphone?
You've quite succesfully demonstrated one of the many reasons in this thread. A lot of technically-minded people get a little irritated tic/itch whenever they hear something technically-oriented that's blatantly false, and as you've demonstrated in this thread by buying into Apple's marketing hype about themselves (I call it marketing hype, what I really mean is total utter complete ********) about being first on the scene with everything, gets really tiresome.

This is especially true when it ends up being regurgitated by half the population of the planet who've heard it from apple ("what? your phone doesnt have Retina technology?") (hint: it's just a name, nokia's next phone could have "superfantabulousawesomesauce technology" if they want it to) rather than just the people at Apple themselves who're, well, paid to spout all that garbage.

As also pointed out, the whole locked-down-ness is a major issue too. Sure, some of the N900's binaries are closed, but this isnt only about whether the actual source of the system is open/closed, it's simply down to what limitations are put in place against the user on the device they paid for.
As a straightforward example, personally i'm getting pretty tired of explaining to the more muppety of the people I know with their iphones and android devices, what jailbreaking is for. ("what?! you cant jailbreak your n900? nokia sux lols!") - It's quite challenging having to explain to idiots that an n900 cant be jailbroken because there's no jail in the first place to break.

The Following 49 Users Say Thank You to nidO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I think the uy who created this thread is an apple Spy lol. Who would registered just to ask this question and seeking justice for Steve Jobs, infact he may be is Steve Jobs lol

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
Nothing, I just thank that they don't manufacture fridges: Imagine that they would decide what You could keep in Yours.. =D

I like open world more.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pyykkhe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 312 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ dubai
you calling me steve jobs??????

i loled when i saw your post!

Haha common steve jobs, stop playing here! okay enough of this none sense thread.

Tags
fanaticism, ienvy, ifollow imasses, iphåne, iwhine, jealousy, religious wars, whining, worstthreadever