Active Topics

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Kazakhstan
Hi guys,

I am now confronted to a new problem with my Nokia N9. I am now using it in my car for two things:
- playing music through stereo cable;
- gps assistant speaking through the same stereo cable.

Here is my situation. I am peacefully listening music when suddenly the gps assistant start talking WAY TOO LOUD to say me where to drive.

Do you know any solution to turn the gps assistant voice volume a little bit down while music volume stays the same?

I've been looking for a while now, but my keywords must be wrong... and start to be desperate

Any tips welcomed

Cheers,
pmeuh

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ France
I have the exact same problem. What I do is use a non-standard music player like QuasarMX (http://katastrophos.net/quasarmx/) where you can manually crank up the music volume above 100%. It's not perfect because it can distort the sound (but QuasarMX is very good at avoiding it!), but for a long trip, it's an improvement.

There is no option in the Maps/Drive UI to do that in Harmattan, which is a shame because I think the option was there on Symbian. Maybe it's one of those options that exist but has no UI... (like automatic day/night mode and the time left/time of arrival/distance left switch).

If someone has another solution , I'd like to hear it too.

Last edited by mika123; 2014-04-25 at 08:37.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Me too
Like a lot of other thinks, it was better on my beloved E71. In this you can define diferent Volumes for music and GPS

If Nokia dont stopped the develepment from Harmattan, shure this were by solved a long time ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post: