Active Topics

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
yes i do have cssu installed, why ?? can this be causing problems in the new kernel ??
and i always have my device running with lv and clocked @900 mhz .
and btw the battery problems are getting worse, i just lost 65 mha in 5 minutes .

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
yes i do have cssu installed, why ?? can this be causing problems in the new kernel ??
and i always have my device running with lv and clocked @900 mhz .
and btw the battery problems are getting worse, i just lost 65 mha in 5 minutes .
Originally Posted by elie-7
in the past 2 days i have experienced 3 random reboots, problems with the app manager that keeps showing me no catalogues in use, and some battery issues
From these 3, I would connect only the last one (infamous battery issues, which made this thread at least 10 pages longer ) to kernel, other 2 may be related to CSSU (just my guess). As someone else suggested, try using different profile than lv (or ulv or xlv, just "ideal" maybe?) as base and check if it happens still. If not - well, maybe your device is not meant to run at low voltages. (They are not meant to work on all devices AFAIK, just like overclocking to 1Ghz)

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
I can report that v47 works(ideal profile, 500-850 only) for me so far. I care about h.e.n. and CSSU and they both works.

Originally Posted by @SR View Post
Is it possible to enable eCryptfs filesystem in next build? It is a part of kernel since 2.6.18.
And it would be great if someone could backport file name encryption which was added in 2.6.29.
Ecryptfs would be an incredible addon ! =D

It is a true file system, and a great value, as you don't need to preallocate any disk space to work with it.

It is also really easy to manage. Scripting a gui for it would be something not difficult.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by cheve View Post
I can report that v47 works(ideal profile, 500-850 only) for me so far. I care about h.e.n. and CSSU and they both works.
But what people don't understand is that you reporting that ideal profile works for you means NOTHING for anyone else, or almost nothing. And if you ask me, the FIRST suspect if you ever start getting random reboots EVER is that you are undervolting too much. This is not at all a criticism of undervolting, but the most common problem is undervolting too much.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
My battery life seems to have reduced quite substantially too.

I also installed MSCIM Google Pinyin, which is a known battery killer, but the problem started before that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Xagoln For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Australia
V47 has been faultless for me so far. I use everything from -devel, have CSSU installed and overclock to 950. I didn't use the last kernel-power because it increased battery drain, but v47 has fixed that.

Excellent.

dont kbow if this is a definite problem yet BUT booted into omap1 'normal' mode last night and left it to charge overnight for work in the mornniing. Same as usual. This morning the battery widget, battery graph and battery icon all seemed to harmonise too. Connected to internet to play an internet radio station. Wouldn't play. This happend sometimes and is a bugger. Restart usually fixes. Upon restart into omap1 again things were really unresponsive. widgets weren't staying where they should be, Weird stuff going on. Still working but being funny with me.. So, another restart into omap1. left for a minute before turniing on again. Same thing. Beginning to get late for work I rebooted into v47 and everything works ok. Still at work at the moment and working fine. Don't want to test omap1 incase it's still funny and restarting can wipe 1/4 of your battery sometimes. Will test when I get home. Could have been a temporary fit.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences? Also battery widget is off again on v47 today. Real battery level seems about normal I would say. I have cssu.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
From these 3, I would connect only the last one (infamous battery issues, which made this thread at least 10 pages longer ) to kernel, other 2 may be related to CSSU (just my guess). As someone else suggested, try using different profile than lv (or ulv or xlv, just "ideal" maybe?) as base and check if it happens still. If not - well, maybe your device is not meant to run at low voltages. (They are not meant to work on all devices AFAIK, just like overclocking to 1Ghz)
my device was always with lv before power v47, never had a problem, at all, and sice my last post, my device is running awesomly, expet for the battery is dying too fast, i hope a new kernel v47 update is getting close to fix this issue, because otherwise i have to go back to power v42

Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
my device was always with lv before power v47, never had a problem, at all, and sice my last post, my device is running awesomly, expet for the battery is dying too fast, i hope a new kernel v47 update is getting close to fix this issue, because otherwise i have to go back to power v42
wah. wah. Development software is not stable enough for end users.

http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/staff/rng/t...lvMethods.html
http://www.linuxmanpages.com/
http://linux.die.net/man/1/powertop
http://linux.die.net/man/1/top
http://linux.die.net/man/1/lshal

Last edited by vi_; 2011-05-06 at 12:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou