Active Topics

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Using most recent builds of Firefox (1.5beta and 1.6 nightlies) the main site menu (Home, Search, News, Blog etc.) is broken - it appears as a vertical column floating above the main content... would be nice if it could be fixed.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm using firefox (albeit 1.0.7), and I get that problem occasionally. Hitting reload fixes it for me.

Yes I get the symptoms you mention in Firefox Beta - but then again I get a few other funny things on a number of my regular haunts since using the beta version !! I guess thats why its a beta ?

Buzz

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by buzzlightyear
I guess thats why its a beta ?

Buzz
Quite possibly, although while using 1.5RC1 this is the only site which has caused me a problem... since the menu sorts itself out after a reload it could be using a slightly iffy (IE specific?) event - I may attempt to debug it if I get time, but it looks poor and at this stage in the game I'd be surprised if it's a bug in Firefox 1.5RC1 . If it is, it's probably too late to be fixed and will have to wait until the next branch. And since the menu is broken in Firefox 1.0.x too, it's clearly not a bug introduced into the beta/release candidate!