Posts: 158 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Hexagoon: Are you sure? I cant remember who said that, but somebody told that reflashing wont help to remove lock code.

okay okay... please people tell me how to flash.. i dont have any data on it.. so it dosent mater.. what do i need to flash :

programs? usb cable? wat do i need? and how do i do it?

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Well I had a lock code and after flashing (firmware and eMMC) I wasn't asked for the code (which does not mean, that it is reset).
So check: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

But if you read the first lines there, there is written that the lock code will not be reset.

Last edited by emesem; 2010-01-08 at 15:12.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by emesem View Post
Well I had a lock code and after flashing (firmware and eMMC) I wasn't asked for the code (which does not mean - that it is reset).
So check: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

But if you read the first lines there, there is written that the lock code will not be reset.
But then if you locked it was it still the same problem?
In older devices it was the case i think... you had to have the ssh server as a saved apps in your backup for it to be installed during the recovery process, post-flashing... but beyond i think it was still asking for the code.

So, it might be possible with re-flashing to have an OS with SSH already installed i guess, but i'm not sure how to do that... Also check this thread once you figure the first part out to recover the actual password.

The Following User Says Thank You to R-R For This Useful Post:
o my god...guys.. im gona commit sucide that my 3,000 riyal phone is busted... please... just tell me.. if i do somwhow re-flash...will it work???? or is there any other simple way ????

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Just read
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37808
And then decide if you go with that or with flashing which will not reset the code, but will not ask for the code. I guess the first one is better, because if everything works well you have your device as it was before. And if it doesn't work out you have to flash it anyway ^^.

My password was still the same after flashing - but the first thing after flashing was installing a backup . So maybe the password came with the backup, but I do believe that it was never reset, like described on the flashing page.

PS: To be clear: I always knew and still know my lock code .

Last edited by emesem; 2010-01-08 at 15:36.

the flashing method is so hard.. there are so many files to downlaod and im confused.. please can u post the links from where i downlaod all the materials....

im using windows 7 - 32bit.

okay.. iv downloaded the flasher and the 150 mb middle east africa file from the link on the page u sent me...so far so good?

heyy.. im stuck... it says open the cmd.. i type the same exact path.. it dosent work....

and when i click on the program..it just opens and closes