Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Lee Young Hee, executive vice president of Samsungs mobile business, told Bloomberg, that a smartphone powered by the open-source platform Tizen will be released as soon as this August. And it will not be just another phone, it will be “the best product equipped with the best specifications.” This could of course mean that Samsungs current “best product”, the new Samsung Galaxy S4, will get a Tizen based Twin.

Tizen dev conference May 22. Would be cool if samsung finally could announce the first device.

https://www.tizen.org/events/tizen-d...onference/2013

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-05-19 at 15:39.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Wishing ir fm compas from em

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
And it will not be just another phone, it will be “the best product equipped with the best specifications.” This could of course mean that Samsungs current “best product”, the new Samsung Galaxy S4, will get a Tizen based Twin.
This is nothing new, they've been saying for ages now that they'll make it as well specc'd as their top-end Android phones, perhaps slightly more or slightly less.
It'll be pretty poor if Samsung's not able to get this on shelves before the 1st Sailfish device, but then again they can afford to have as many missteps as they want, Jolla can't.
Even if the 1st Tizen device does arrive a mth or more later, it's likely to be less buggy & more polished overall OOTB, but that disparity could change quickly...

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-05-19 at 15:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
This is nothing new, they've been saying for ages now that they'll make it as well specc'd as their top-end Android phones, perhaps slightly more or slightly less.
It'll be pretty poor if Samsung's not able to get this on shelves before the 1st Sailfish device, but then again they can afford to have as many missteps as they want, Jolla can't.
Even if the 1st Tizen device does arrive a mth or more later, it's likely to be less buggy & more polished overall OOTB, but that disparity could change quickly...
Why is it likely to be less buggy?

Have explained this in prior posts, pure conjecture on my part, but it is backed-up with logic & a outsiders understanding of the SDLC for both projects. Night.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-05-19 at 15:58. Reason: typo

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Have explained this in prior posts, pure conjecture on my part, but it is backed-up with logic & a outsiders understanding of the SDLC for both projects. Night.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Here's one i could quickly find, pretty sure there's been a few others...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...17#post1329217

now that firefox and jolla are reveald I would like to see what samsung and tizen can deliver.

expecting announcement 22 OF MAY!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
THE TROLL BEGINS

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
THE TROLL BEGINS
Would like to see a galaxy S4 with sailfish.

Hopefully some information comes from tomorrow's dev event. Tizen must be ready soon...

Tags
clunky, death rules, mike_tizen, titzen, tizen == kebab, tizen rules, tizen_day, tjamtjung, yet still sucks, zen and tizen